cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting recordings on 360

doc1964
Dialled in

Hi folks, appreciate your help with this.

I have my 360 box set in active start mode.

I have tried to set recordings via the TV GO app but hey a message stating that your Virgin media box is in standby mode, we will schedule your recording when the box wakes up.

I have read various posts on this and thought that active start mode was meant to allow recordings to be set from TV GO.

If this is not the case, what are the benefits of active start over fast start other than a slightly quicker start up.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced doc1964,

Welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, do you have just the one box?

Also on the 360 are you receiving any error code?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi there, just the one box.

No error code or message appears on TV screen.

I have tried this and changed settings several times but still when i put it to active standby and try to set a recording using tv go app it tells me it cannot set it until the 360 box is turned on.

My understanding is that active standby should allow the tv go app to set recordings, even when away from home, this message appears to suggest it cannot 

Thank you.

Hi @doc1964,

You can find more information on the standby modes and how to set them up here. If your box is in standby mode then you will be able to set up recordings, but for the box to record successfully it'll need to be powered on at the time of the recording you've set.

Have you tried both standby modes to see if they're both presenting this error message for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi there, if i set it to fast mode and try to set a recording using the tv go app then the app shows that the recording has been set. 

Active mode, on the app, says your recording will happen when your box is next powered on.

I had seen posts stating that active mode allowed you to set recordings remotely but this would appear not to be the case. If i want this functionality then fast mode it needs to be. Cheers.

roy247
Community elder

I would double check that when you are out and you know the box is in standby, just for peace of mind, especially if you are going away and then decide you want to set a recording.