cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Link Clarification (Quick Question!)

deans6571
Wise owl

I have set the program : Celebrity SAS Who Dares Wins to record every Monday night from 9pm til 10pm on Channel 4HD. I have set the 360 to record ‘All From Series 3 Onwards’ so that it records all episodes from the current series and onwards. This is fine!

I have just noticed that in my Home Menu and under Planned Recordings, the 360 has picked up a repeat recording of this program (it’s a repeat of the program which was shown on Monday night) , which is being shown on Ch4HD tomorrow night at 00:55 until 01:30.

Is this correct and expected behaviour? 

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think it's due to a difference in the program synopsis.

Using the 360 EPG, there wasn't an episode shown on C4 HD on Monday at 9pm, Series 3 episode 4 was shown on Sunday at 9pm on CH4 HD.

The episode that the box has set  to  record at 0:55am Saturday morning is also Series 3, episode 4, but the synopsis is different to the one shown on the previous Sunday.

The synopsis when going back in the EPG  to Series 3 episode 4 on Sunday 9pm shows as  "The recruits must dive 10 metres into a reservoir..."

Episode 4 in the EPG for 0:55am Saturday has the synopsis, "The celebs engage in hand-to-hand combat against the directing staff..." which is the same synopsis as series 3 episode 4 when clicking on Catch Up > All Channels > All 4

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Presumably you recorded the same episode on a previous showing?

The TiVo metadata all looks correct to me, and the underlying data should be the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

Presumably you recorded the same episode on a previous showing?

The TiVo metadata all looks correct to me, and the underlying data should be the same.

Yep, I did record the original episode on the Monday (which was Ep 4) so my question is - why is the 360 also recording the repeat showing tomorrow (Thursday) night? Could it be because I have already watched the recording of Ep 4 and deleted it so the 360 is incorrectly recording it again tomorrow (Thursday) ? 

roy247
Community elder

Hi deans6571,

I think you have come across the incorrect info on the TV guide problem, I don't know which Monday you set the recordings to start from but from the Channel 4 TV guide shows Celebity SAS is on Sunday night at 9pm, last Sunday was series 3 episode 4, according to the 360 EPG and the TVGO app it was SAS: Who Dares Wins series 3 episode 4 Betrayal. Not having watched them I don't think they are the same. The problem the 360 has that I have come across is, if the guide info is wrong or changes after you have set a recording then it's no recording.

Roy

@roy247 wrote:

Hi deans6571,

I think you have come across the incorrect info on the TV guide problem, I don't know which Monday you set the recordings to start from but from the Channel 4 TV guide shows Celebity SAS is on Sunday night at 9pm, last Sunday was series 3 episode 4, according to the 360 EPG and the TVGO app it was SAS: Who Dares Wins series 3 episode 4 Betrayal. Not having watched them I don't think they are the same. The problem the 360 has that I have come across is, if the guide info is wrong or changes after you have set a recording then it's no recording.

Roy

Ok just to clarify, Sunday 26th Episode is Ep 5. Sunday 19th Episode was Ep 4. I had already recorded Ep 4 and watched it and deleted it. The 360 is incorrectly re-recording Ep 4 which is being repeated tomorrow Thursday 24th. I set my Series Link at the beginning of the current Series 3 to record ‘From This Series Onwards’. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think it's due to a difference in the program synopsis.

Using the 360 EPG, there wasn't an episode shown on C4 HD on Monday at 9pm, Series 3 episode 4 was shown on Sunday at 9pm on CH4 HD.

The episode that the box has set  to  record at 0:55am Saturday morning is also Series 3, episode 4, but the synopsis is different to the one shown on the previous Sunday.

The synopsis when going back in the EPG  to Series 3 episode 4 on Sunday 9pm shows as  "The recruits must dive 10 metres into a reservoir..."

Episode 4 in the EPG for 0:55am Saturday has the synopsis, "The celebs engage in hand-to-hand combat against the directing staff..." which is the same synopsis as series 3 episode 4 when clicking on Catch Up > All Channels > All 4

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Unfortunately the 360 epg seems prone to errors that V6 user's don't get, and usually you only find them if they coincide with a recording you have set. The TVGO app and 360 epg usually show the same information.

It's probably re-recording episode 4 because it thinks it's a different episode.

Thanks all for the above helpful answers - much appreciated. 

It does seen then that the synopsis for Sunday’s Ep 4 is indeed different to the repeat of the same Ep 4 showing tomorrow night (just checked on the EPG) hence why it is being recorded again! 

Hopefully not an issue I will see too often but good to now know why this is happening. 

Who provides the metadata then for the synopsis for each episode - does this come from the channel itself (are they the ones who have it wrong) ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 wrote:

Who provides the metadata then for the synopsis for each episode - does this come from the channel itself (are they the ones who have it wrong) ?

The quick & straightforward answer is that the broadcasters supply EPG data to VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@deans6571 wrote:

Good question, in the past when I have checked and V6 users didn't have a problem and there was a problem on 360 l have used Sky TV guide and the Channel as reference's and they always agree.