Menu
Tonyt1962
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

SKY UHD Activation

Long story ..sorry

Noticed SKY UHD movies/box sets were now available, and when I clicked on them it said subscribe (even though I am on the Ommph package).   Noticed the comments in the forum that they are charging £6 to subscribe, which you can’t do via TV because it say ‘not found‘ when trying to subscribe.

Went on to chart room ,after 4 attempts got through and explained that I started the Ommph package on 15 Jan and could not access SKY UHD content.   He got back to me , eventually, and said no problem i will active it for you , give it 2 hours and should be working and at no extra cost !

Waited 5 hours and still no access.  Gets back on to chat and explained what happened, the guys says its not activated and will have to pay £6 , even though I had already been offered it for free.  He confirmed he could see this offer in my notes and put me through to another team.   They also confirmed I had been offered it for free but could not do anything as I would need to speak to Customer Support on 150, who would honour the original free activation.

Waited in queue on phone15min (which i though was not bad).  Explained everything and was then told I was in wrong department and he would transfer me .....I hour later cut off !!!!

Absolute joke of a customer services !  Do any toffee the mods in here know how I can contact the correct team to get this resolved ?

Many Thanks

Tony 

newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SKY UHD Activation

Hi Tony,

You need to speak to the Retentions (thinking of leaving us) team, options 1,1, 4 and 4..

They have the necessary systems and access to process a free upgrade providing it's been authorised

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony 

The mods look , but never answer anything about contracts.....even though this is the biggest thread on the Virgin Forum.... No Dept knows what to do ... As NA & JP have said go to retentions and get it sorted out( i couldn't be bothered TBH )

I joined in mid December and they want £6 from me also 🙄 not sure how much of the thread you have read ? You can be charged £10.50, £6 ,£3, FOC or £2 less for UHD depending on who you talk to at Virgin !!

Kickoverthestatues
Tonyt1962
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for info Dave , will give that a try tomorrow 👍

0 Kudos
Tonyt1962
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Completely understand your frustration mate , will see how I get on tomorrow ( if I can get through!) and report back 

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes be good to know how you get on.... And what price you pay 👍

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
Tonyt1962
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE

Got through to Retentions (unsung the method described by Dave)   Answered very quickly, unlike the normal route!.  The team must be based closer to home unlike the normal route going by accent ( i am profoundly deaf and find it difficult to pick up whats being said from the, I presume, Indian call centre.

9:15: Got a guy called Arran who was very helpful, saying he would have to call me back as he has to speak to his manager.  He called back at 12:15 and he said it was all okey with manager, he put me on hold to make the necessary adjustments and then I was cut off.   Waited until 13:30 and called the Retentions team again and got a guy called Stephen, explained it all again and he said he will message his manger to make sure he could do it just in case it already had been done ( which it was not as i could still not view anything in UHD)  He explained as he was working from home , he would have to wait for reply from his manager and would call me back.   17:20 Steven called back , all authorised and activated ,checked my box and YES fully access to UHD.

So now have UHD Movies/Entertainment at no charge (as I was offered it free in error )   The only change was that my contract date would now changer form 15 Jan to 5 March for 18 months with rolling credit of £6 for 18 month.  

Took a while , but got there in the end.   I was lucky , the original agent screwed up, or I would have being paying £6 👍

newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Tony,

It's great to hear you got it all sorted eventually

It shows there are some good agents despite all the complaints we see on forums etc. 

I've had no problems with the agents apart from understanding accents sometimes, although I've got a Teesside accent which is similair to Geordie so people have problems with me (I used to work in call centres) rolf.gif

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Thanks for the update Tony,

It's great to hear you got it all sorted eventually

It shows there are some good agents despite all the complaints we see on forums etc. 

I've had no problems with the agents apart from understanding accents sometimes, although I've got a Teesside accent which is similair to Geordie so people have problems with me (I used to work in call centres) rolf.gif

Stay safe and take care.

Hi NA 

All the agents should be good ! , It shouldn't be potluck and luck of who you get on the day, i know they get commission on each 'Sale' so perhaps trying to help you get UHD for less or something trivial isn't worth their while ?

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
ThomasP2
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good outcome.

I will be phoning back this week myself again. Like yourself, I was offered a free UHD upgrade when it launched . This was part of the offer Virgin put to me to convince me to move from Sky to Virgin. Then it launched , but  was told the agent didn’t put it in the notes, and retentions told me I need to pay the £6, and I said no.

We all know £6 is not a great deal, but it’s the total principal. 
Do Virgin keep the call record between you and the agent? , cause if they do, can they play it back and listen to what customers are offered to switch sides ?

0 Kudos