cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings disappeared

NickiDee
Tuning in

Hi. I've turned on my v6 box. Gone into my recordings and they've allllllllllll disappeared. Nothing in my recordings. Nothing in my scheduled recordings. Just gone to watch something on BBC Iplayer and even had to log into it like I've never had that app on the box. I know there's nothing I can do to retrieve the recordings, but just wondered if anyone knows why this has happened. 

Oh and there was loads of space on the recordings disk so that wasn't the problem. 

I've lost everything

Thanks for any info as to why this has happened and if I can do something to stop it happening again 

Nicki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi NickiDee,

Sounds like a faulty box, you can try doing a factory reset of the box and wait to see if it does it again and then phone Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone to report a fault or wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Hi NickiDee,

Sounds like a faulty box, you can try doing a factory reset of the box and wait to see if it does it again and then phone Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone to report a fault or wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NickiDee wrote:

Hi. I've turned on my v6 box.

Do you have a V6 or a TV360? You've posted in the 360 forum but referred to a V6 - same hardware but fundamentally different software. A V6 shows the "TiVo" logo in the top-right corner next to the video-preview, a 360 won't.

There's also pictures of the boxes (well, the remotes) here if you want to check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

NickiDee
Tuning in

Oh sorry I didn't know there was a different forum for the 360 and v6 🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm now in the process of a factory reset

If you have a V6 box and TiVo software you would have a deleted folder where if you have deleted something by accident you can then recover it, that option doesn't exist on the 360 with Horizon software, from your problem description it sounds like a 360 box, when they are failing they lose all recordings, planned recordings and sign in details for apps.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NickiDee wrote:

Oh sorry I didn't know there was a different forum for the 360 and v6 🤦🏻‍♀️

Indeed so - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/bd-p/Virgin_TV_360 for TV360 queries & https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/bd-p/Virgin_TV_V6 for V6 issues.

If you do have a V6, we can move the thread to that board if necessary - as already pointed out, there is a recycle bin on the TiVo-software that drives V6 boxes, that's not available on TV360

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

NickiDee
Tuning in

In that case I have a TV360 as I've gone through every part of the box and there is no recently deleted and I can't retrieve any deleted programs 

If you could aim this in the right forum pls that would great

• Thank you

Hi NickiDee,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the box, can you confirm for me if there are error messages on-screen?

What colour is the light on your box?

Alex_Rm