cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings and planned recordings disappearing

mladinmatt84
Tuning in

Hi, 

We have had nothing but problems since we upgraded to 360, never had any issues with the previous software (v6?)

Recordings and planned recordings seem to completely disappear every couple of weeks even if the box is only at 15%-20% capacity which is very annoying. If the box freezes which it seems to do quite often and we restart it, same thing happens to recordings and planned recordings all gone. If we opt to do a factory reset and keep recordings, boom, same thing happens and they still get wiped. We can no longer record and keep films on there for the children as they just end up being lost. When we were on v6 we had loads stored which was brilliant, 360 seems to be absolute rubbish.

We also have constant issues accessing catch-up for all channels and constantly get error codes. Having contacted several time before and been on the phone for hours we are told a new 'signal' is being sent to the box which will magically solve things which it doesn't to be honest. Restarting the box solves the issues but as mentioned previously that deletes all recordings, absolute nightmare.

Has anyone else experienced these issues and managed to overcome them?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Just sounds like you have a faulty box, usually the advice would be is to do a factory reset but you have already tried that. What error  codes do you get when trying to watch catchup. Any magical signals being sent is just B***S**T and if Virgin do record conversations the customer reps who say this should be magically given a P45, it's just an easy way to get you off the phone.

You can either try phoning Virgin again or wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

Jaylin567
Tuning in

@mladinmatt84 wrote:

Hi, 

We have had nothing but problems since we upgraded to 360, never had any issues with the previous software (v6?)

Recordings and planned recordings seem to completely disappear every couple of weeks even if the box is only at 15%-20% capacity which is very annoying. If the box freezes which it seems to do quite often and we restart it, same thing happens to recordings and planned recordings all gone. If we opt to do a factory reset and keep recordings, boom, same thing happens and they still get wiped. We can no longer record and keep films on there for the children as they just end up being lost. When we were on v6 we had loads stored which was brilliant, 360 seems to be absolute rubbish.  epayitonline

We also have constant issues accessing catch-up for all channels and constantly get error codes. Having contacted several time before and been on the phone for hours we are told a new 'signal' is being sent to the box which will magically solve things which it doesn't to be honest. Restarting the box solves the issues but as mentioned previously that deletes all recordings, absolute nightmare.

Has anyone else experienced these issues and managed to overcome them?

Thank you

For some reason, some of the programmes that are scheduled in my planned recordings don’t record. For some of my wishlists, the programme will show up in my planned recordings and then a few days before the recording, it will just disappear. Then, when the programme has just aired, it will show up in my Recording Activity tab as ‘not available’. Does anyone know why this happens, please? I have plenty of room in my storage so not sure why it happens with some wishlists and not others - it can be really frustrating.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mladinmatt84,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly understand how frustrating this issue is becoming for you, especially as you have only used 15-20% capacity of your recording facility.

Can we ask if you have the auto delete function enabled on your box?

This may be causing your recording to be wiped off. Please check the link here for further information with this.

With regards to the issues with your catch up, where are the error codes your getting?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi, I have double checked and can confirm the auto delete setting is definitely set to 'off' so that isn't the cause. I have read various other posts etc and believe the box is faulty and requires an engineer required with a new box (or a new box with the v6 software on as we never had these problems with that).

In terms of the error codes from catch-up, I am seeing CS2518 from BT Sport and other channels I have tried (Sky Max, My5 and Channel 4) I am getting CS2318. The text with the error all mention 'Playback not possible'. If I was to reset the box I reckon this would solve the issue but all the current recordings will then vanish

Thanks, Matt

Hi mladinmatt84,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see you are still facing issues with planned recording, I was able to  locate your services with the details we have for you and wasn't able to find any issues, we are unable to go back to the V6, if this was to happen you would also lose everything on the box the same way if the box was reset.

Regards

Paul.

mladinmatt84
Tuning in

Just to update this, I managed to book an engineer to look at the box and after explaining all the hard disk issues we were experiencing he installed a brand new box and so far I haven't experienced any of the previous issues. Just a shame we couldn't get this earlier as my wife has spent hours on the phone with no luck as all they did was send a new 'signal' or something like that whilst we then restarting the box.

Thank you for keeping us updated on this mladinmatt84.

Please do let us know how the visit goes. 

^Martin