cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording issues

Rabthedab
Tuning in

Can’t seem to watch some of my recordings. My 2 v6 TV360 boxes not talking to each other. Also programs I’ve already deleted (when it allows me to delete them) keep reappearing!

Any suggestions please (apart from ‘switch to Sky’!). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could try this,

1. Turn off 360 Main box and 360 Mini box
  2. Wait 5 minutes
  3. Turn on Hub and wait for broadband to reconnect
  4. Then turn both 360's on again.

This apparently should re-sync things.

If you need a box replacing it will be replaced by a mini box so you will lose half of your storage capacity.

Are both boxes connected by Ethernet cable or WiFi to the hub, if it's Ethernet cable and WiFi you could try connecting the WiFi box on 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz because it's a stronger signal.

If you haven't got 5G and 2.4G bands then you need to split your Wi-Fi network, instructions on how to do that are in link below, when you have selected Advanced Settings you will also need to select Wireless, Wireless Signal and click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then click on Apply Changes. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Splitting-your-home-WiFi-networks/m-p/4726309#M28

If you are using pods don't split your network.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, you don't have "V6 TV360" boxes, when you converted your V6 (running TiVo-software) into TV360-masters (running Horizon software) they stopped being V6 and are now just TV360.

That said, can you explain the symptoms you're having - do you get any error codes/messages when you try to multiroom stream between your 2 boxes? The TV360 doesn't have an undelete function, so that's odd behaviour - you might have a special feature that a few users would be grateful for!

Is it always the same programmes that reappear? Do they still play when they are (seemingly) undeleted?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried using the TVGO app to delete the programs that keep reappearing, also is it these recordings you can't watch, the recordings are physically on the hard drive on the box but the data is held on the server as the 360 is based around cloud recordings and this is why sometimes you can still see the recordings but can't play them.

Also make sure both boxes are set to fast start or active start because if you try and watch a recording from box B on box A if box B is in standby and not set to fast start or active start or switched off at the plug, then box A can't wake up box B to play it.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Rabthedab, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've faced when trying to watch the recordings on your set top box.

Please address all questions and suggestions posted by @japitts  and @roy247, and report back to us.

We'd love to be able to help where possible

Thanks,

David_Bn

Message says ‘Oops! couldn’t connect to TV1, please try again’

Some previously deleted files only let you delete them (again). Some say ‘Watched’ - these allow you to continue watching or ‘watch from the start’.  

Thanks for coming back to us @Rabthedab.

Can you please confirm what mode your set top is currently operating in?

Is this in Fast Start or Active Start?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Both boxes were on Active Start - I’ve now set them to Fast Start. Doesn’t make any difference to stuff which was previously recorded, but might going forward. Also tried turning on box 1, then tried watching a recorded prog on box 2, but this didn’t work. 

You could try this,

1. Turn off 360 Main box and 360 Mini box
  2. Wait 5 minutes
  3. Turn on Hub and wait for broadband to reconnect
  4. Then turn both 360's on again.

This apparently should re-sync things.

If you need a box replacing it will be replaced by a mini box so you will lose half of your storage capacity.

Are both boxes connected by Ethernet cable or WiFi to the hub, if it's Ethernet cable and WiFi you could try connecting the WiFi box on 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz because it's a stronger signal.

If you haven't got 5G and 2.4G bands then you need to split your Wi-Fi network, instructions on how to do that are in link below, when you have selected Advanced Settings you will also need to select Wireless, Wireless Signal and click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then click on Apply Changes. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Splitting-your-home-WiFi-networks/m-p/4726309#M28

If you are using pods don't split your network.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your prompt response.

We wanted to check if the advice given by @roy247 has made any progress in resolving this matter. If there have been any positive developments or if further assistance is required, please do not hesitate to inform us.

Let us know,

Kain