cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do you Disable apps on a 360 box?

GrumbleDook
On our wavelength

And I have now hit a snag. Connectivity on the 360 box is slowing down when I have to filter by DNS for streamed content. it also means the device is on a different network to some of our devices so we can't access recorded materials.

Is anything going t be sorted on these controls?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by "Connectivity on the 360 box is slowing down when I have to filter by DNS for streamed content"?

The restriction on mobile devices being connected to the same network is completely intentional and that's not going to change anytime soon,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GrumbleDook

Welcome back to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding disabling apps on the TV360 box, unfortunately you cannot disable apps on the TV360 box.

Can you please expand a bit more for me on what you mean by "connectivity on the 360 box is slowing down when I have to filter by DNS for streamed content"?

Best wishes,

Serena

I run two networks at home now. The main one (A) connects most of my devices and uses VM dns.

I then have another (B) internal router (Apple AirPort Extreme) which has the DNS pointing to OpenDNS as a DNS based filter. This network runs on a different IP Range (yes, this means double-NATing) and make it a pain to try to connect devices on network A to network B. But since I can’t block YouTube any other way at the moment then what can I do?

This means that with 360, I have a device that does not match the Children’s Code, is a backwards step from the previous software, and has major invasions of privacy in breach of the UK DPA2018. 
I mean, who thought it would be a good idea to send out software without parental controls on apps? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GrumbleDook wrote:

I mean, who thought it would be a good idea to send out software without parental controls on apps? 

Since version 4.37 the option to lock apps is now active and working.

Settings > Parental Controls >Lock apps
All apps are listed as being able to be locked

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I’ll give that a try first thing. When was this released? Considering how important it is, you would think that some release notes would be around. 
If there are, how the hell do you get them sent to you? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't issue SW release notes for TV-software in the same way as software houses do. New SW isn't always released on the same date for everyone - rollouts are staggered in different regions of the country.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks