cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Channel 999 not active

jonandmarkuk
Superfast

I've just upgraded my package to Maxit TV along with sky uhd.

I'm also not able to access the channels, but I can get the Virgin UHD content via the on demand and also schedule recording on the channel.

Have you been able to get it sorted? 

26 REPLIES 26

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What error code/message do you get onscreen when you try viewing these channels?

Are you using a V6 or TV360?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm on TV360. Getting the same message as above. Error code is 100:54 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I haven't seen the above 100:54 error code before, however it may be linked to the 100:70  error code which is usually displayed during initial setup when the box has not yet received its entitlement for Live TV and should resolve within a few minutes.

Have you tried rebooting the 360?

Something else to consider, did you perform the upgrade over the phone, or was online, or via sms/ whatsapp?

If it was done over the phone then the new channels are usually added immediately. However, if you are also receiving new equipment as part of the regrade, then they won't be added until the new equipment is installed and activated.

Any other method normally takes between 48 and 72 hours as the channels need to be added manually.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

The upgrade was done as part of a package change via the chat.

As I was adding a mini box as part of the channel package change the Maxit TV and sky movies with UHD didn't become active until the mini box was installed.

All of the other channels are active as expected and I can access the Virgin UHD on demand content and even set recordings, but I can't access the channel itself (so guess recordings will fail too).

I have rebooted the box a couple of times since

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jonandmarkuk 

Can you access channel 228?  It's exactly the same as channel 999.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Channel 228 is the same message.

I've tried calling 150 but didn't get anywhere as it only ran a test on the box and said it's fine. Unable to actually chat to anyone about the issue?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jonandmarkuk 

Please can you post a screenshot of the error message.

Do you have access to the following channels?

CH273 PBS America and CH755 Gems TV - They are both on the same mux as channels 228 and 999.

Channels on VM are grouped in muxes (just like those on freeview) and normally result in pixelation or loss of channels if there is either an issue on that mux, or the signals  you are receiving from that mux.

This can sometimes be caused by loose wiring so check those other two channels to see if they are also missing.

Also check your coaxial  connections are snug and tight, free from any kinks etc. If it's the internal VM wiring then this might fix the issue, even if it doesn't it will help VM assess the reason why you can't get the VM Ultra HD channel

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

The channels you mention work fine. I've attached a picture of the error I'm getting on 228 and 999

DSC_1422~2.JPG

@jonandmarkuk wrote:

Channel 228 is the same message.

I've tried calling 150 but didn't get anywhere as it only ran a test on the box and said it's fine. Unable to actually chat to anyone about the issue?

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.