cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q about CEC controllability of 360 box from Samsung TV

vidjam
Tuning in

Hello all,

I have recently been working on trying to get CEC to work properly with v6 TiVo. I have a 2019 Samsung Q60R telly and so far can drive everything connected to it with that TV's IR remote - my Blu-Ray player and Fire Stick support CEC but the TiVo famously does not, so the TV backs off to IR blasting. This works OK when the TV is flush to the wall, but rather less so when it is rotated outwards on its arm for easier sofa viewing in a small front room. I already spent money on the Pulse Eight CEC/USB adapter and was going to use this with a Raspberry Pi to handle CEC commands and convert to telnet keypresses, but I can't inline that adapter to the HDMI path for HDCP reasons, so would have to spend extra on an HDMI splitter. Only now do I realise that I can upgrade the entire box to the new 360 operating system which apparently does support CEC. (I bought my first TiVo in 1999 and the fact that the deeper SD levels of the UI look the same as they did 22 years ago has been a regular reminder of what a cobbled-together system the v6 TiVo has been.) So, my question is, if I upgrade to the 360 OS, will I be able operate my upgraded unit fully via CEC from my Samsung TV remote? I can do pretty much everything right now when IR line-of-sight is good, including accessing TiVo home screen, so do not want to lose any functionality. Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @vidjam,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the CEC connection to your V6 box.

However, as we do not provide support for third party equipment, I would not be able to provide further information about this. You can read more about our 360 box on our website, and I'm sure that our amazing Community Forum members will be able to advise further on your query.

Please let us know if you need any further help in regards to Virgin Media equipment or services, and we'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs