cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation/Visual issues - How do I get the engineer to come back

Billsan330
Joining in

I have only 20 % of my TV package since April 2021 and currently paying £48.00 a month...I have contacted the help line and service centre various times in May this year they came and renewed cables all down my street...great I thought I can get my channels back...

But no most of the channels are pixel out even the normal ones..the others I get all sorts of different codes..with no picture

Engineers come have have left trailing wires and bear wires out of the wall..and have never come back. .I have written two letters of complaint but still no one has come or answered my  letters.

There does not seem to be one central place or person to take control of my problem

What can I do ......who can I contact.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you've got pixellated & broken pictures on various channels, and have reported this... you've had techs out who have attempted repairs. It certainly sounds like a signal fault.

Can you post some pictures of the trailing and/or bare wires that have been left? That'll be a good start.

Ordinarily the correct way to progress this would be to call TV Faults on 150, but it sounds like that's now falling on deaf ears. VM staff do monitor these boards and can often assist where other avenues are failing, but let's give them the best help here - the photos are the next step if previous techs have indeed left a mess.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Billsan330,

Thanks for using the forums to get this reoccurring issue with your TV services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Some questions we usually ask first are -

• Have you made sure all the cables in the TV box, Hub and powerlines are finger tight?
  • If you're seeing error codes on some channels, please take a look at our help website designed for these error codes - TV Error Codes
  • Our Service Checker is a good tool to use to check if there are any area outages ongoing with Broadband, TV, Landline and Mobile. It usually lets you know what is wrong and how long it's going to take for the engineers to fix (estimated time of course)
  • Your Online Account also has a good tool which helps diagnose a fault within your home network with your Broadband, TV and Landline, it will tell you what's up and what to do next. 

However, I have already gone ahead and checked your services on my side and can see that your TV box has a plethora of issues regarding the signal, like @japitts mentioned.

This will indeed need another engineer to fix which I will be happy to book via PM for you.

I'll send this now so we shall speak soon 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Billsan330,

Thank you for reaching out to us via private message to provide those additional details.

An engineer visit has now been arranged for you. We can't publicly confirm the date and time it's been scheduled for due to security reasons, but you can check via your My Virgin Media online account and reschedule it there too if needed.

If you or anyone else in the property displays flu-like symptoms, tests positive for COVID, or is asking to isolate in the interim, please reschedule accordingly.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!