cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Pixelation

Bob_Jankers
On our wavelength

Hi.

Our TV picture breaks up on a daily basis and appears pixilated.  Sometimes it briefly displays "Channel Failed" before resuming.  It happens on any TV channel at any time, day or night.  Not sure if this is normal as we've only recently joined VM. We use the 360 box with 100Mb/s broadband.

I don't think it's related to signal strength as switching to a standard aerial through my TV works without any problems.

Do we need to book an engineer already?

Thanks

72 REPLIES 72

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Until every piece of equipment & cabling between the street cabinet and your box has been replaced, then there's still potential for a fault to be somewhere 😉

It's also not impossible for there to be multiple faults, and you only discover new ones by fixing each one in turn. Don't be afraid to keep having tech visits if necessary... there is no reason for pixellation and poor signal to be present in any functioning, fault-free digital TV system.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Bob_Jankers,

Thanks so much for the update so far. We can certainly sympathise with the issues you're experiencing, especially after 3 technicians visits the issue is persisting.

Due to this I have emailed our area field managers to see what the next steps would be and if we can get another visit done. We have located your account with the details you have provided from your community profile so I have sent this off for you now. 

I have placed a copy of the email sent on your account notes as well. As soon as we have a response from them, (This may take a short while as they are not office based) we will post back and update you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi @Jodi_S.

Thanks for getting the field managers involved but I don't have much confidence in a fix anytime soon.  To be frank, I feel we have been really let down, I turned to Virgin Media because I thought it would be a better network to be connected to but we have had nothing but trouble with it since its installation several months ago.  I think it's reasonable to ask for a reduction in our monthly payments retrospectively and for each month this goes on for to justify the poor quality TV service otherwise I am seriously thinking of going elsewhere. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bob_Jankers

I'm really sorry to hear you do not feel confident in the issue being fixed, and that you feel let down. That is not the high standard of service we aim to provide at all, apologies.

Please bear with us and we will update you with the Area Field Managers response as soon as we hear back from them.

I would be happy to raise a complaint for you if you like regarding the poor quality TV service you have been experiencing, please do let me know if you wish for me to proceed with this.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi @Serena_C

Please proceed with raising the complaint.  We've not yet heard from an Area Field Manager, please can you let me know when we're likely to receive a response from them?

Thanks

Thank you for your response @Bob_Jankers.

Sorry to hear you have not heard back from the AFM regarding your pixilation issue. I have chased this up with my team for an update. 

I have also raised a compliant for you regarding this. The compliant reference is C-0807211764. I will do my best to work with you on a resolution for this issue. 

I hope to get back to you in the next 2 days with an update from the AFM team  and a possible resolution.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Bob_Jankers,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Just to give you an update. I have not yet heard back from our AFM team so I have flagged this up again with them. I'm hoping to get a response and a resolution for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi again @Bob_Jankers.

Great news! I have heard back from our AFM team regarding this. I have sent you a private message with all the details regarding this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi @Bob_Jankers,

This is a quick check up to see how your service has been since the appointment. 

Has the issue been resolved? Are you also happy for me to close down the complaint?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi @Akua_A.

We've been monitoring the problem for the last week or so and although the replacement cabling appears to have made the interference occur less frequently now, we unfortunately still do get it happening.  

Tonight, for example, it’s been playing up by pixilating intermittently on ITV1 HD. Please can we have a discount to our monthly bill until this problem has been resolved fully?

Thanks