Menu
jc004i2011
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Outdoor multi room box

Hi, I'm looking at using an outdoor tv and wondered if a virgin box could be installed outdoors but under cover of a glass roof veranda rather than indoors as normal?

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outdoor multi room box

They are not designed for that sort of environment you would need to put it on the other side of the wall (indoors) and drill through the wall for an hdmi cable 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A glass roof will cause high temperatures and most likely reduce the design life of the box, so I find it unlikely that VM would permit this installation. As an alternative consider a long HDMI cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

A glass roof will cause high temperatures and most likely reduce the design life of the box, so I find it unlikely that VM would permit this installation. As an alternative consider a long HDMI cable.

High temperature in the summer, low temperature in the winter, condensation, also putting a non ip65 outside is possibly illegal (I'd have to research) 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jc004i2011
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all

0 Kudos