Menu
Chocofenix
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Oomph 360 upgrade

Hi, a few questions,

i have the ultimate oomph bundle and would like to move over my tv to 360, can a mod/admin message me on what i'd need to do to do this, as i've been unable to get through on phone and I'd really like to upgrade, even if people are saying here not to. 

may i also confirm, does the mobile account have its own account reference number, as my credit report is now listing a second virgin account. I havent been able to register this account either but i've asked separately

thanks guys 🙂

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph 360 upgrade

You will need to call in to do the TV 360 update. best thing to do is call Virgin and select the retentions team (looking at leaving us) option as you will get through to someone quicker 

0 Kudos
dwplease
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You can place an order on the website here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/virgin-tv-360-upgrade-ultimate-oomph but only if you have the Ultimate Oomph bundle - should work for you. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

To be clear there is no new set too boxes, you will get 2 remotes and a menu option on your V6 to upgrade.Your current V6 will upgrade with the new tv360 software

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chocofenix,

"may i also confirm, does the mobile account have its own account reference number, as my credit report is now listing a second virgin account. I haven't been able to register this account either but I've asked separately"

did you have a virgin sim card before the upgrade to oomph ? I did and get 2 email bills a month 1 for my original sim that got linked to my oomph account and the other one is for the sim that got automatically generated and sent and is still sat there unused, I have tried to stop the 2nd bill but gave up.

I think jonathanpye answered your fist question unless virgin are changing their "upgrade" scheme.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@jonathanpye wrote:

To be clear there is no new set too boxes, you will get 2 remotes and a menu option on your V6 to upgrade.Your current V6 will upgrade with the new tv360 software

Not entirely accurate.  There is a pilot, invitation only, running to change the firmware on V6 boxes to the alternative TV360 version.

Alongside this new customers should get the new version.  Existing top package customers can opt for the switch.  I would advise holding off until the new version has settled to a bug free version.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

I am sure BlueLou or BenMcr have recently said there is no pilot or trial running at the moment. Am I wrong or are there just too many posts on this topic to keep up.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@roy247 wrote:

Hi Graham

I am sure BlueLou or BenMcr have recently said there is no pilot or trial running at the moment. Am I wrong or are there just too many posts on this topic to keep up.

I think you are wrong, but as you suggest there are so many conflicting posts that who knows what is going on. ASFAIK the V6 firmware change is a pilot and BlueLou has confirmed that it is by invitation only.  I can understand his reluctance to use the word trial.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

the trial where they upgrade existing Arris V6 boxes to TV 360 is now full. Currently you can only get TV 360 if you are a new customer or on the ultimate Oomph bundle. If you do this you will get 1x Humax TV 360 main box and 1x Humax TV 360 mini box.

0 Kudos
Chocofenix
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have managed to call for upgrade, those with billing i have a couple questions - my itemised billing lists additional box, 360 mini box separately - is this expected?

also, does anyone have a photo of the connections / rear of the mini box? Loads of the 360/v6 but cant find any of the mini

thanks!

0 Kudos