cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy fan

Slaphead234
Joining in

Has anybody been able to solve the problem of a noisy fan on the 360 box? My extra box in the bedroom is fine and doesn't make the noise it is so irritating 😭 any help or advice would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

If the fan is noisy assuming it's not running fast due to poor ventilation and getting hot (check underneath the box), then it will need the box replacing.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

If the fan is noisy assuming it's not running fast due to poor ventilation and getting hot (check underneath the box), then it will need the box replacing.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Ghanks ive now been in touch with customer services and they are sending an engineer round on Wednesday to look at it and possibly replace the box

I had the same issue the other week and an engineer came and replaced the box. Not sure its much quieter to be honest (refurb?) but I was really impressed with the engineer. First thing he said was 'you know you will lose any recordings' and when I said yes, the wife wont be happy he said 'tell her it's the engineers fault, that is what most people do'.

Hi Slaphead234, 

Thanks for taking the time to update your thread. We're glad the team were able to arrange an engineer visit and we're hoping since posting, this visit has been completed. 

If you're still having further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

RS92
Joining in

Hi!

I’m having the same issue with my main 360 box.

Did the engineer manage to resolve this for you?

Thanks! 

jonr2012
On our wavelength

Same issue, but with my mini 360 box. Following for replies. Also created a new thread 

Hi Jonr2012 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. Sorry to hear you are also having some concerns about the noise levels of the fan on your TV360 Mini box. I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can check things on the box from our end and book a technician out to you if we identify this is needed. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime 🌞 we can return to this public thread with another update when possible! You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page, in your Inbox. 

Wishing you all the best. 

Molly

Same issue with my TV Box, can anyone help?