Menu
golden86
Dialled in
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Ultimate Oomph customer Sky Cinema 4K Unavailable?

@RAQUEL6 wrote:

The best solution seems to be to ring retentions and state your case, they are the are only Dept who have the magic codes apparently..... check out the Big UHD thread on here .. Head , Brick Wall.......🙄

I've rung twice today now. The last call was escalated to retention manager, waiting for call back now, the SLA is 72hours for call back. Will keep you posted.

ThomasP2
Tuning in
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon All.

I have been in the exact same position today.

Was a skyq customer for their full tv package, but got but broadband from Virgin.

A few weeks a go Virgin offered me a deal to cancel sky and move to them for all services under the Ultimate oomph bundle.

During the *please move your services to virgin offer*, i was told that my package would also include the  UHD for sky cinema & entertainment when it launched very shortly.

My contract start date was feb 26th.Feb.

This morning i got my first weekly *edit* email from VM and it mentioned UHD for all new Ultimate oomph customers who joined up after 25-Feb.

there was no mention of just *new customers* but specifically *new ultimate oomph customers* for which i am one.

With that in mind,a quickly realised UHD  must have launch, but it was asking me to subscribe.

Phone VM, WAS TOLD A NEED TO PAY. Went through to retentions and after going back and forth they said there was nothing they could do and went onto apologise for someone telling me that UHD would be included in my package, when it would not be.

I am flippin livid & started a formal complaint.

1.Cant believed for one its not included automatically, as this package is portrayed as the *Best of the Best*

or

2. VM would risk losing a customer paying over £1200 quid a year, t0 get an extra £72 per year .

Its made me think twice about agreeing deals without a conversation being recorded for matters like this should they be disputed

Thomas

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Koolmacher and thanks for your post on the community forums.

Sorry for the late response, have you been able to speak to the team to see if you can arrange for the UHD package added onto your account?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Koolmacher
Joining in
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Got sorted eventually after half a dozen attempts and good knows how many hours spent on chat/phone support. I was first told I wasn't classed as a new customer because I ordered on Feb 13th even though my install/going live date was March 4th and could have it for £6 extra as month. I was then told by a different person I could have the first 3 months free then normal cost after that. Next person told me I would need to recontract with customer services but I should qualify for it got out through to the next department who kept asking for the channel numbers for sky cinema uhd didn't seem to understand when I told him there wasn't any. The next person I spoke to put me through to a different department again and this time the customer service rep got it sorted eventually via a re occurring refund for £6 every month after I have been billed for it (no idea why). 

So be patient and persistent but it ain't easy dealing with customer support and horrendously time consuming.

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps its just me , but i couldn't be bothered to go through all that for a few UHD films they may not be UHD / 4K anyway... Seems like you are pleading with them for not very much and something you should get anyway , again it does depend on how much you paid for UO in the first place and what price you get the UHD for !

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that you got it sorted@Koolmacher but sorry that it took so long for you to get it resolved.

The recurring credit would have been done as they may not have been able to add the UHD content without a charge, so that would be the easiest way to get the content on.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
golden86
Dialled in
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Steven_L wrote:

Glad to hear that you got it sorted@Koolmacher but sorry that it took so long for you to get it resolved.

The recurring credit would have been done as they may not have been able to add the UHD content without a charge, so that would be the easiest way to get the content on.

Regards

Steven_L

Do you work for Virgin Steven? I’m 4 calls in, first two had no idea and just wanted me to get off the phone. Last two promised to look into it and call me back, never did. 

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@golden86 wrote:

@Steven_L wrote:

Regards

Steven_L

Do you work for Virgin Steven? I’m 4 calls in, first two had no idea and just wanted me to get off the phone. Last two promised to look into it and call me back, never did. 

Yes he is on the Forum team ...

He is probably Gareth & Michael as well 🥸

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hey @golden86

Yes I do work for Virgin Media, How can I help?

If your query is about changing your package, we cannot help from here, we can only check if the change has been done or is due to go through but we cannot raise any changes from here.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
golden86
Dialled in
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Steven_L wrote:

Hey @golden86

Yes I do work for Virgin Media, How can I help?

If your query is about changing your package, we cannot help from here, we can only check if the change has been done or is due to go through but we cannot raise any changes from here.

Regards

Steven_L

Thanks. I have the same problem as this initial thread posted. I recontracted onto the ultimate oomph package on the 4th March. The sky entertainment and cinema UHD wasn’t added on unfortunately, everything else is perfect. Just this little niggle. Can you help?

0 Kudos