Menu
JalapenoG
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix programs finishing early

Thanks for coming back to us Sofia

The Netflix App on the V360 box is cutting off the end of episodes.  This happens for me with all programmes not just some.

It’s not related to Autoplay actually as it’s still happening for me when I turn autoplay off - the episode ends about a minute and a half early and you are left with a blank title screen with the next episode button at the bottom right to click.  

You can’t then go back into the episode to watch the end as it just starts again at the beginning as if it’s been watched and you have to fast forward through to the end.

This isn’t happening with Netflix through a browser, iOS or through my smart TV.  Just Netflix through the Virgin 360 Box.

Would prefer to use the virgin box though as all my AV stuff is linked through the virgin remote, and Netflix is slow on my smart TV.

Another user above has spoken to Netflix who think this isn’t an issue at their end.

This issue isn’t happening with the Amazon app.  

Thanks 

Tags (1)
bluecatt73
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 220
Flag for a moderator

My experience is slightly different to JalapenoG. When I watched the first episode of The Confession Killer on Netflix it cut out before the end. It showed the next episode card (not a blank screen). I watched the rest of the series without further issues. Films also play without issue. Like JalapenoG I have got autoplay turned off.

On Sunday I watched the first episode of Travelers and it also cut off before the end of the episode, showing the next episode card. Since then I have reconnected the ethernet cable (I had been on wi-fi) in case it's a connection issue. Also overnight my box has updated to 4.30.

This morning I have watched two more episodes of Travelers without issue. Hopefully fixed?

It'll be interesting to see what happens the next time I start a new show!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 33 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @bluecatt73.

Numerous factors can cause drops in performance when connected using Wi-Fi, though it is strange that this only appears to have been happening towards the end of your programs.

Glad to hear things improved using an Ethernet cable and you were able to watch the episodes without any issues.

See how things go on a wired connection and then go back to Wi-Fi to see if the cutting towards the end happens again. 

Keep us updated. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Inaspin
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 220
Flag for a moderator

In addition to all the other teething problems with sound and synching I now have this problem too.

This started a week or so ago and is so frustrating at exactly 2:26 before the end of any Netflix episode it cuts off without warning and starts to play the next one.

As suggested I have tried to plug in an ethernet cable and this has not helped.

Only happens on virgin box not on any other system we use to watch Netflix.

I have the latest upgrade and it still happens.  There are several others on the thread with the same problem and would be grateful if Virgin can look into this and sort it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jonesy21
Dialled in
Message 35 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Yup, still happening here, Netflix series programs finishing about a minute and a half early. So frustrating....

I have tried everything suggested. However, Netflix on the smart tele works fine, no problem, but we prefer the clarity of the picture from Virgin media as we are in a poor signal area.

Virgin did contact me and suggested it was a problem at Netflix end, but I told them I had spoken to Netflix and their service is fine. I haven't heard back from VM yet. Unless they have tried to phone, but we screen all our calls (safer that way) so if it doesn't show VM we don't answer. We do listen out to see if a message starts we can then answer it. But I presume VM are still looking into it?

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 36 of 220
Flag for a moderator

@Inaspin wrote:

In addition to all the other teething problems with sound and synching I now have this problem too.

This started a week or so ago and is so frustrating at exactly 2:26 before the end of any Netflix episode it cuts off without warning and starts to play the next one.

As suggested I have tried to plug in an ethernet cable and this has not helped.

Only happens on virgin box not on any other system we use to watch Netflix.

I have the latest upgrade and it still happens.  There are several others on the thread with the same problem and would be grateful if Virgin can look into this and sort it.

Could this be a conflict with the Horizon software, when you are watching series links recordings you get a message saying do you want to watch the next episode now. I haven't checked the timings like you but they could be similar, if you don't say no it plays,  The app should be independent but if there is a bug somewhere who knows what you may get. 

0 Kudos
NigelP15
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Netflix App on TV360 continually cuts off in last minute of program & moves to next episode.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Or have a solution?

bristolboy91uk
Tuning in
Message 38 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix App on TV360 continually cuts off in last minute of program & moves to next episode.

yes i got same issue....

0 Kudos
NigelP15
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix App on TV360 continually cuts off in last minute of program & moves to next episode.

Thanks hopefully if we get more experiencing it a solution will be found.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 40 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon NigelP15,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been effected by this issue on Netflix on the new 360 box.

Do you experience similar issues with any other applications on the set top box? Are you connected to the hub via Wi-Fi or via an Ethernet cable?

Can you tell me if the set top box is currently switched on?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos