Menu
jonesy21
Dialled in
Message 1 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Netflix programs finishing early

The new 360 box has been in use for a while now and is such an improvement on the TIVO box. Everything works fine with usual Virgin and Amazon Prime programs however, recently watching some programs on Netflix the programs suddenly end early, ie there is still about one and a half minutes left! we have to go to Other Episodes switch back to what we were watching and play the last bit.

I spoke to Netflix, and their helpline was brilliant, he checked there were no problems there end and suggested I pull the plug on the set top box for three minutes then restart.... it didn't make a difference!

Is it just us?

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix programs finishing early

@jonesy21 wrote:

The new 360 box has been in use for a while now and is such an improvement on the TIVO box. Everything works fine with usual Virgin and Amazon Prime programs however, recently watching some programs on Netflix the programs suddenly end early, ie there is still about one and a half minutes left! we have to go to Other Episodes switch back to what we were watching and play the last bit.

I spoke to Netflix, and their helpline was brilliant, he checked there were no problems there end and suggested I pull the plug on the set top box for three minutes then restart.... it didn't make a difference!

Is it just us?

Hi J

Not much help probably... but my Netflix will say as the credits start to roll on the episode , Watch Credits or Play next Episode , and you have 10 seconds to decide, if you leave it the next episode will start ,

But this only happens "to me" when the end credits have started

Cheers

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
jonesy21
Dialled in
Message 3 of 220
Flag for a moderator

We would love to get to the end credits!!

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 220
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jonesy21 wrote:

We would love to get to the end credits!!

Hi J

Do you notice the colour changes on the " Watch Next Episode" banner , I press the play button while this is happening and the credits will continue to play

Cheers 

Kickoverthestatues
jonesy21
Dialled in
Message 5 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Hey Raquel

The programs we are watching finish about 1.30 minutes from the end, we then go to 'all episodes' and then go back to the one we are watching, then watch it to the end. Haven't noticed a colour change, ours in just white circle timer! 

Our problem is with a series of programs as opposed to a film.

Last night I went through all the settings, VM and Netflix.... couldn't find anything that may help. I'll just try turning the box off for a while again.

By the way, this has only recently been a problem, the 360º box had worked fine since we received it a few months ago.

G

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 220
Flag for a moderator

That is strange mate, the watch next episode icon is a White Square !, But your episodes seem to be ending to early for this to show up 

Watching Deadwind yesterday the episodes just rolled through, are you watching via the Virgin App or the TV App,  ? i watch all mine via the TV app was told by the Calibrator to use them as the Virgin Apps are slower and not updated that often...anyway perhaps the old reboot may help , perhaps try the TV version to see if any difference 

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
jonesy21
Dialled in
Message 7 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Hey again,

You are correct, the Netflix App on the smart tele has no problems with the programs ending early. So it is down to the Virgin Media service!

I did notice last night when we had to go back to an episode that had finished early that the: 'credits' and 'next episode' are in a grey and white rectangle in the bottom right of the screen, it automatically runs on to the next episode..... I am wondering if this is where the problem lies and whether it can be adjusted so the programs don't run on autmatically! I am going to study the options. Maybe then the programs will run to the end?

Cheers

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 220
Flag for a moderator

@jonesy21 wrote:

Hey again,

You are correct, the Netflix App on the smart tele has no problems with the programs ending early. So it is down to the Virgin Media service!

I did notice last night when we had to go back to an episode that had finished early that the: 'credits' and 'next episode' are in a grey and white rectangle in the bottom right of the screen, it automatically runs on to the next episode..... I am wondering if this is where the problem lies and whether it can be adjusted so the programs don't run on autmatically! I am going to study the options. Maybe then the programs will run to the end?

Cheers 

Yes that' what i see.... Will be interesting to see if you can change the options ... Let us know how you get on , not heard anyone else on here mention this through the Virgin app though 🤔

Cheers

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Hi J 

Try this .....

Try going into manage storage - Ask to delete after watching

Is this set to off ?

When I set to on I found that recordings were asking to delete before the program had ended...

Go to :

Saved

See All

Manage storage ( top right of screen )

Ask to delete 

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
JalapenoG
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 220
Flag for a moderator

Exact same problem happening here - a minute and a half from the end of each program it’s jumping straight to loading the next one.  There is no button appearing to stop it from doing it - this question isn’t answered.  Only happening on the V360 box not the Samsung TV App or mobile.  This issue has appeared in the last week.  Issue is either with virgin or virgin’s Netflix app.  Really irritating - please fix!