cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix & Prime Search

csmonkey
Tuning in

I've recently upgraded from V6, can anyone confirm whether the TV360 voice search can/will return search results from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video when content is available? At the moment I need to manually launch and search in each of these apps. 

'Boxsets' appears to return shows available on iPlayer but not other '3rd party' apps. My v6 did this and was a much used feature in my household.

20 REPLIES 20

Currently we do not know but apparently Netflix are not keen to enable these functions now days but time will tell

Thanks. It’s strange Netflix not wanting to enable this function as it would help showcase the shows available through their platform to potential customers using Virginmedia.

I agree lets hope they let Virgin do it and help them implement it.

Dingledoodie
On our wavelength

I only just upgraded recently, and had I known about this feature being lost in the upgrade, I probably wouldn't have done it. It was one of THE most useful features of the TiVo/V6 service.

I don't understand Netflix not wanting this kind of cross-party interaction. It means we use their service more frequently and, hence, more readily see the value of our subscriptions.

I'm not sure I believe that it's Netflix who're the reticent party in this. Is there an official statement on this issue anywhere, either by Virgin/Horizon or Netflix??? 🤔

Hi Dingledoodie, 

We're sorry to hear this and can only apologise that this wasn't something you were aware of before upgrading. 

There is no further update on this one I'm afraid. 

If and when it does become available, we will of course update you. 

In the meantime, as suggested by BlueLou, using the Voice Control on the 360 remote will launch the Netflix app really quickly for you to search for anything you may wish to watch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

There's actually another feature you lose in the 'upgrade'. Virgin advertise what you get with 360 but not what you lose. 

Previously, when setting a Series Link, you could ask for the box to only record starting from a particular series (or new series only). That option is now gone. Unless it's hidden somewhere in the new mix and I'm missing it???

My 360 is now recording episodes from several series that I've already seen.  If I go to delete future/planned recordings, cuz I've already seen them, the 360 box only gives me the option to delete the entire Series Link. So, now, DAILY, I'm just waiting for several different series links to record episodes that I've already seen... so that I can delete them one by one.  Ridic.

360 might LOOK better, but so far, for me... it's not an UPGRADE in functionality, it's a downgrade.  And I had to pay £25 for it too!!! 😡

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At present there is no New Only option. The 360 will record all new shows from the season that you start your recordings from. Unfortunately, it will also record repeats of shows that you have watched then deleted. This is a bug that will be fixed in a future update..

The series link starts from the season you set it too ie if there are 8 seasons and you set the 1st recording at season 4 it will record seasons 4 to 8.

Long winded version of how I've just gone through the motions to set up a series link for The Big Bang Theory

I scrolled to the program on Channel 106 - clicked on Info using the contextual button on the remote (the three dots) - you can also just click on the voice button on your remote and say "info" - which showed the program was series 2 episode 10 - I didn't want to record old series/episodes.

Instead I clicked the episodes option, and scrolled to series 12 which is available on 4HD and 4+1 - pressed OK and then Record on episode 1 

Scrolled down and clicked on Advanced options - at the top of the screen is the option Record - All from series 12 and onwards > 

Selecting that option gives 4 further options - 

This episode only:  All from Series 12 only : All from series 12 and onwards : All available episodes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Just discovered a THIRD lost feature when you "upgrade". There is NO Deleted Shows cache. Once your partner, and/or kids, delete something THEY don't like... it's gone. 

Wonder what else I'll discover has been downgraded?

#NotAnUpgrade

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dingledoodie,

Thanks for coming back to us about your issue.

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with this deleting option. We implemented this so it can be easier to delete recordings without having to delete them multiple times. 

Apologies that this is your current experience. 

Please keep us updated on this if you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

thanks for the reply, but that is a poor excuse. You never had to delete items ‘multiple times’ on TiVo. Deleted items would be automatically removed when storage was needed, but if you deleted something by mistake, you could always restore it. 

This is a table stakes feature, and disappointing this still hasn’t been implemented after it was flagged when I joined the trial nearly 10 months ago.

it’s also been stated that the Horizon platform allows for quicker development than you had with TiVo, again this doesn’t appear to be the case….