cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Recordings problem

James_R4477
Tuning in

My set up - main 360 box in the lounge, mini-360 box in the bedroom.

My understanding - there are two ways to access My Recordings: (1) using Voice Control which takes me to the list view of my recordings; (2) using menus ‘Home > Recordings’ where I can see the icon view of my recording. I can then select ‘View All’ to see the list view of my recordings.

My problem - all the above works fine on the main 360 box in the lounge but on the mini-360 box, whichever method I use to get to the list view, the list is ‘frozen’ with the top recording highlighted. I can still navigate the recordings by using the icon view.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

If you just can't scroll down the list of recordings and the info button works on the highlighted recording I would try rebooting the box first by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug.

If that doesn't work you could then try a factory reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset and on the mini box there are no options to keep recordings because they are on the main box.

You might have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, (I can't remember if the mini box will pick them up from the main box), also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

If you just can't scroll down the list of recordings and the info button works on the highlighted recording I would try rebooting the box first by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug.

If that doesn't work you could then try a factory reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset and on the mini box there are no options to keep recordings because they are on the main box.

You might have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, (I can't remember if the mini box will pick them up from the main box), also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Thanks Roy247, I’ll give that a try.

Hi James_R4477

Sorry to hear of the TV recordings issues on your 360 box. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Were you able to follow roy247's advice regarding this and reboot the box? Did this help resolve the issue or was a reset required?

Rob

Hi Robert_P

I was not able to get around to trying roy247's solution for a couple of days and then before trying it I checked that the problem was still there - it wasn't. I was going to leave it for a few more days incase the problem came back but all still seems OK.
I'm suspecting user-error 😬
Thanks
Jim

Thanks for letting us know @James_R4477 

Glad to hear this looks to be resolved now. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley