cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way I can view my 360 box contents on either my pc or iPad?

Pilkie
On our wavelength

When I was with Sky ( I know), I was able through an app, to watch the contents of my Skybox. Is there any way of doing this with Virgin Media?
I have an iPad, an old one I'll grant you, but it still works, if I can't view content on my pc, can I view content on my iPad, perhaps through the app?
I know I am supposed to be able to download content, what I want to do is watch my recordings straight from my box, preferably on my pc, but my iPad will do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin TV Go is your friend...

PC link or app download 

I'm not sure about streaming from your box to a PC, but (apart from some channels who'll say no) doing this onto a tablet or phone should be ok.

Caveat: You'll need to be at home, connected to the same network as your 360, to either stream programmes from your box or download them for offline viewing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

You need to download the TVGO app, you will be able to watch recordings on a mobile device but not a Windows device.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin TV Go is your friend...

PC link or app download 

I'm not sure about streaming from your box to a PC, but (apart from some channels who'll say no) doing this onto a tablet or phone should be ok.

Caveat: You'll need to be at home, connected to the same network as your 360, to either stream programmes from your box or download them for offline viewing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Pilkie 

Thank you so much for your post and thank you to @japitts and @roy247 for their advise on the TV Go App! 

Can I ask if you have been able to download this at all since your last post? 

Thank you. 

Pilkie
On our wavelength
Yes, I have downloaded it to my very old iPad, as yet I haven't had time to test it out because of being poorly 😒. I will get round to it and will post my results here.

Thanks for your reply and update. Pilkie,

Let us know how it goes. 

Cheers,

Corey C

Bear in mind, you can't stream or download all the content from your box within the app, as the rights holder can block this, which I've found with some sporting events.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

Pilkie
On our wavelength
Thanks mjpartyboy all these tips are preparing me for when I dive in properly.

Please do keep us informed how things go, @Pilkie

Hope you're now feeling better now.

Regards

Lee_R

Pilkie
On our wavelength

Hi Lee_R

I am now as fit as I'm going to be for an old one, 75 years young and still going 😊, thanks for asking.

I now have my new router up and running, albeit with a new username and password. I was wondering, as I now have my Virgin Media Hub 3 in modem only mode and therefore not accessable by wifi, if I change my username and password back to what I originally had on my Virgin router, I should be able to connect to all my smart devices, without having to reconnect each one separately, I hope I'm right on this, any advice?

Regards

Pilkie