Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent optical sound quality?

Bucky897
Dialled in

Hi folks,

Bit stumped!

Just plugged in asound bar to my 360 box and it's output is fine on some channels, ITV one for example and just totally distorted white noise on other channels, like BBC and Sky Sports..

Any thoughts? Something in audio settings?

Thank you in advance ☺️ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried the different PCM settings and follow content in Audio & Video.

If your soundbar has Dolby Atmos then you need to connect using HDMI and use follow content, you can either connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI-ARC connector or if the soundbar has another input connector connect the 360 directly to the soundbar.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried the different PCM settings and follow content in Audio & Video.

If your soundbar has Dolby Atmos then you need to connect using HDMI and use follow content, you can either connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI-ARC connector or if the soundbar has another input connector connect the 360 directly to the soundbar.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll  have a bash.

Sorry about the result against Palace!

It was awful 😞, just got back via the pub. 🍺🥩 🍷🍺and now a relaxing 🥃.

HDMI is the best way to go in my opinion. Any problems just come back. 👍

If you say what make and model TV and soundbar you have you might receive some specific device advice if someone has the same setup.

Ahh, you attended the game then.😕😳️I think you needed the pub after that dire performance! They're on the slide a bit and TH is looking a bit sketchy now, but the players are not producing atm

Maybe MR is still discombobulated because of crashing his £700k RR!

Got the audio/soundbar output sorted. I just adjusted the digital output format to pcm from follow content and all channels pump out digital sound.

Cheers fella

Play up Pompey, top of the league😀

Good to see someone's had a good weekend. 😀 🔊 

Bucky897
Dialled in

😁😊