cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you activate the "watch from start"?

kokkolis
On our wavelength

Dear all,

I am still learning my TiVo 360 (and I like it a lot!).

To my recollection (and I could be mistaken), part of the new 360 service is that if you switch on Tivo, you go to live TV and you want to watch a show on live TV that has already started (and is not finished yet), you could "watch it from start".

I was yesterday on ITV3+1 watching something but no matter what I've tried I couldn't find the option "watch from start". Does anyone know how do you activate it? Are there any restrictions to remember?

Finally, is there anywhere an option to watch ANYTHING, on ANY CHANNEL that has already been shown on air, for a period of say up to a week? (TV service providers in other countries have an option where you can stream from their service ANYTHING, on ANY CHANNEL, for up to week after it's been shown on air (i.e. you don't have to go to iPlayer, ITV Hub etc, searching for a show and having to go to a dedicated channel's streaming player).

Anyting we know about this?

Thank you.

Christos

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Christos,

To answer your first query. The Start Over feature is not available on all channels. Basically it's like pressing the green button on a freeview box on say BBC 1 and being able to play the current program from the start.

If you look at the EPG that have Start Over then they have a symbol next to them, a white anti clockwise rotating arrow with a play button inside it.

If it's greyed out then it's only available on catch up.  Most BBC programs have it. 

The picture below from Ziggo (VM's Dutch website)  shows the icon.

EDIT There's lots of useful 360 tips if you read the following page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

StartoverStartover

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave, thanks so much for the help, much appreciated.

I am surprised the Virgin media user manual that I’ve got with the box has only very basic info and leaves a lot of questions unanswered, for what is otherwise an excellent service.

Thank you,

Christos