Menu
golden86
Dialled in
Message 801 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

Mate your deals are just getting better and better. After Saturday VM will end up paying you to use their services at this rate. 

stephentucker
Up to speed
Message 802 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@golden86 wrote:

Mate your deals are just getting better and better. After Saturday VM will end up paying you to use their services at this rate. 

😂I know. It's ridiculous. To be honest. I dont even think the £85 for all that will come to pass, I'm not sure where that figure came from or why they adjusted downward and I suspect  I will end up paying £90. I won't pay more than £90 though because I have an email offer to that effect for all the services and boxes I have supposedly ended up with.

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Up to speed
Message 803 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Two 360 remotes arrived today..... A day earlier than expected. No mini box. So I phoned them yet again and the chap I spoke to eventually conceded that the only way they could give me me what i needed and what was agreed was to do it incrementally. I.E they cant send out two remotes to update the V6's to 360 AND send out a new mini box as well, The computer says no to that! I had a feeling that's what was being alluded to the other day but he wouldn't quite admit it. Basically I've got to wait 48 hrs for the system to notice that my two V6's are now updated to 360 software, then they can send out the mini box. I asked why they didn't just tell me that and he couldn't really answer. 

As for 360 itself. So far so good. Looks slick as expected, works nice and quick and as yet no obvious omissions that will trouble me. I've set series link for Masterchef, dragon's Den and Corrie for the missus so I'll see how that performs.

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 804 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@stephentucker wrote:

Two 360 remotes arrived today..... A day earlier than expected. No mini box. So I phoned them yet again and the chap I spoke to eventually conceded that the only way they could give me me what i needed and what was agreed was to do it incrementally. I.E they cant send out two remotes to update the V6's to 360 AND send out a new mini box as well, The computer says no to that! I had a feeling that's what was being alluded to the other day but he wouldn't quite admit it. Basically I've got to wait 48 hrs for the system to notice that my two V6's are now updated to 360 software, then they can send out the mini box. I asked why they didn't just tell me that and he couldn't really answer. 

As for 360 itself. So far so good. Looks slick as expected, works nice and quick and as yet no obvious omissions that will trouble me. I've set series link for Masterchef, dragon's Den and Corrie for the missus so I'll see how that performs.

Isn't that exactly what I said would happen?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
stephentucker
Up to speed
Message 805 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@jonathanpye wrote:

@stephentucker wrote:

Isn't that exactly what I said would happen?

Indeed you did. It was pretty much what I expected as well. I'll get there in the end but no doubt it'll take a couple of more phone calls yet.

TALON1973
Up to speed
Message 806 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting on my manager callback after no joy from complaints department. I was told 3 days max.... That was on the 24th March 🤔🤔🤔

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Superfast
Message 807 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@TALON1973 wrote:

Still waiting on my manager callback after no joy from complaints department. I was told 3 days max.... That was on the 24th March 🤔🤔🤔

It won't happen, I never had a callback and that was from March 16th.. 

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 808 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Hi @TALON1973

With all complaints we look to have these resolved within 28 days as per our complaints code of practice at https://virg.in/comcop - my apologies for the delay.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 809 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Going back to the UHD v HD PQ discussion. I was watching the match on saturday but on main event and I was quite surprised how good it looked. It was close to BT sport ultimate. It's the best I've seen sky sports on VM!!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
stephentucker
Up to speed
Message 810 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@jonathanpye wrote:

Going back to the UHD v HD PQ discussion. I was watching the match on saturday but on main event and I was quite surprised how good it looked. It was close to BT sport ultimate. It's the best I've seen sky sports on VM!!

Not sure if it's just my imagination but the picture looks a little softer and not so sharp on the 360 updated V6 than it did before. I have a good quality TV , A 55inch LG OLED CX8. That  aside, I have no issue with the 360 software itself, I rather like it so far in fact.

0 Kudos