Menu
Reply
NinjaMeerkat
  • 245
  • 13
  • 49
Superfast
745 Views
Message 781 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?


@TALON1973 wrote:

Waiting on the manager callback still. But I’m sticking to my guns . If he doesn’t give it to me for free I’ll let CISAS deal with it and let them fine them. 


I hope you do get a callback, I'm still waiting after 2 weeks!

0 Kudos
Reply
golden86
  • 44
  • 2
  • 16
Dialled in
721 Views
Message 782 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?


@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@TALON1973 wrote:

Waiting on the manager callback still. But I’m sticking to my guns . If he doesn’t give it to me for free I’ll let CISAS deal with it and let them fine them. 


I hope you do get a callback, I'm still waiting after 2 weeks!


I called back after I didn’t hear for 3 days when they said they’d call back. You have a lot more patience than me. 

0 Kudos
Reply
NinjaMeerkat
  • 245
  • 13
  • 49
Superfast
611 Views
Message 783 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?


@golden86 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@TALON1973 wrote:

Waiting on the manager callback still. But I’m sticking to my guns . If he doesn’t give it to me for free I’ll let CISAS deal with it and let them fine them. 


I hope you do get a callback, I'm still waiting after 2 weeks!


I called back after I didn’t hear for 3 days when they said they’d call back. You have a lot more patience than me. 


I've been with VM for 20 years so I have learnt patience where their  customer service is concerned. To be honest given the poor reviews of VM's UHD service my enthusiasm has waned somewhat.

jonathanpye
  • 439
  • 17
  • 109
Fibre optic
569 Views
Message 784 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?


@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@golden86 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@TALON1973 wrote:

Waiting on the manager callback still. But I’m sticking to my guns . If he doesn’t give it to me for free I’ll let CISAS deal with it and let them fine them. 


I hope you do get a callback, I'm still waiting after 2 weeks!


I called back after I didn’t hear for 3 days when they said they’d call back. You have a lot more patience than me. 


I've been with VM for 20 years so I have learnt patience where their  customer service is concerned. To be honest given the poor reviews of VM's UHD service my enthusiasm has waned somewhat.


I was excited it came out, spent 1.5 hours on the phone being transferred to different departments to renegotiate contract as was not willing to pay £6 to upgrade. Reduced my contract by £2 with UHD included and ..... after a number of weeks with UHD now its not much better than HD and nowhere near the PQ of UHD content on Netflix, Amazon and Disney+ via TV apps. I know these apps also have Dolby vision and dolby atmos too, which makes a hell of a difference to your viewing experience and immersion.

Based on PQ and immersive sound my goto sequence is

Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Sky Cinema via VM on demand, BBC iplayer, then catch up on any other broadcasting channels in HD via tv360, and finally SD or HD live broadcast record via tv360.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
Reply
bristolboy91uk
  • 13
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
460 Views
Message 785 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

hmmm that what i am thinking my self few day ago....
0 Kudos
Reply
bristolboy91uk
  • 13
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
460 Views
Message 786 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

UHD still nothing updates sound like Netflix seem to be taking over

0 Kudos
Reply
Jodi_S
  • 1.94K
  • 114
  • 197
Forum Team
Forum Team
410 Views
Message 787 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

Hi bristolboy91uk,

 

Thanks for posting on our community forums. For more information about our UHD and 4K please check the link here. Unfortunately at the present time we do not have Sky sports in 4K UHD

 

We do however have BT sports in 4K UHD.

 

Kind regards Jodi.

 

 

0 Kudos
Reply
stephentucker
  • 78
  • 2
  • 27
Up to speed
361 Views
Message 788 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

Well much to my own surprise I ended up staying with Virgin. Just signed up for another 18 months with the following....

2 existing V6's with 360 update, 1 new 360 Box to replace old TIVO box.

Ultimate Oomph with UHD upgrade

600mb broadband

£90 a month. No other charges.

 

 

 

jonathanpye
  • 439
  • 17
  • 109
Fibre optic
353 Views
Message 789 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?


@stephentucker wrote:

Well much to my own surprise I ended up staying with Virgin. Just signed up for another 18 months with the following....

2 existing V6's with 360 update, 1 new 360 Box to replace old TIVO box.

Ultimate Oomph with UHD upgrade

600mb broadband

£90 a month. No other charges.

 

 

 


Not bad at all, I assume your wife approves!.

It also means based on my estimates I'm overpaying at £117 and should be paying £100 for 2 boxes but with Gig1. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
Reply
jonathanpye
  • 439
  • 17
  • 109
Fibre optic
350 Views
Message 790 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?


@Jodi_S wrote:

Hi bristolboy91uk,

 

Thanks for posting on our community forums. For more information about our UHD and 4K please check the link here. Unfortunately at the present time we do not have Sky sports in 4K UHD

 

We do however have BT sports in 4K UHD.

 

Kind regards Jodi.

 


 Hi Jodi,

 

Shouldnt that page be updated to stating tv360 not v6?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
Reply