golden86
Dialled in
Message 751 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

@RAQUEL6 wrote:

@golden86 wrote:

@TALON1973 wrote:

Just had an exceptionally earlier call from the complaint department in regards uhd. The woman totally understood where I was coming from , and didn’t understand why virgin have done what they have. 

But she didn’t have the power to do anything to change it. So has passed it to a manager. Outcome in 72 hours. I’ve already said I’ll take it all the way ( CISAS ) . It won’t cost me anything but time. Virgin can get fined.  I know I’m in the right , so won’t fold on this one. It’s the principle.

I had a complaint in and got called back by the manager, I think it was retention manager not complaint manager. She spent 30min telling me all the information given to me was correct, UHD is only for brand new customers to Virgin and not existing customers upgrading to the UO package. I argued this isn't clear by your public information, multiple sources points to new UO package customers should receive UHD as part of the package. Anyway we went around circles on this for 30-40min and then I said sounds like we're not going anywhere I'm going to file this with CISAS, that's when the tone changed quickly. Let me investigate this further and get back to you, can see you're a long time customer we don't want to sour the relationship bla bla. A couple days later, I got UHD added to my package and then discounted the same £6 cost to 0 it.

Well done Mate , did you get the name of the Manager ? Perhaps we can can all reference her , when we phone up 😆👍

Her name is Donna. For context I upgraded to the UO as existing customer on the 4th March. If VM is reading this, don't take this as anything negative, I'm actually praising Donna here for coming through in the end and setting what's right, even though she had to begin the conversation by toeing the corporate line probably based on the internal information she's been given, the problem is there is a disconnect between the internal comms vs public info. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Treble1
Superfast
Message 752 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@golden86 wrote:

Was that because you were a brand new customer?

I was classed as a new customer even though I have had vm umpteen times over the years I go where the best deal is also it was £250 account credit not £200 and it was a BF offer

0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 753 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Even though I would love to see the Snyder cut in 4K I’m going to wait as surely when sky sports  uhd goes live they will launch a full uhd add on which hopefully will be better value than £6 just for 4K movies 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 754 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@bfptaylor wrote:

There’s no news on the UHD films or sport from sky and there’s been no UHD content on demand from there own UHD channel. It’s the same rubbish all the time. 

Some of the films say 4K but it’s clear there not. Any news would be appreciated  

coming from sky it’s a real disappointment. As I was told there would be more now seven months in with virgin and really thinking of moving back. 

Can we get this thread back to the original topic please, instead of all the moaning about the £6 (or varying charges) for the  Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD add on?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 755 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

@bfptaylor wrote:

There’s no news on the UHD films or sport from sky and there’s been no UHD content on demand from there own UHD channel. It’s the same rubbish all the time. 

Some of the films say 4K but it’s clear there not. Any news would be appreciated  

coming from sky it’s a real disappointment. As I was told there would be more now seven months in with virgin and really thinking of moving back. 

Can we get this thread back to the original topic please, instead of all the moaning about the £6 (or varying charges) for the  Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD add on?

Blimey bit late now NA, 😉 

Does show the sense of feeling about it though.....

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
TALON1973
Dialled in
Message 756 of 828
Flag for a moderator

.@newapollo

erm no... This thread is now THE main uhd discussion, and will highlight to anyone looking at it the way VM are taking customers for a ride. If you don’t think it’s an issue then please don’t comment.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 757 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@TALON1973 wrote:

.@newapollo

erm no... This thread is now THE main uhd discussion, and will highlight to anyone looking at it the way VM are taking customers for a ride. If you don’t think it’s an issue then please don’t comment.

This is a free forum and I will comment where and when I wish.

I'm aware of the issue, as I have also paid the extra £6, however with the amount of posts complaining about the charges, and the disparity between new and existing customer charges  should have been started on a separate thread, or the posts moved to a new thread.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
KB29R
On our wavelength
Message 758 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

@TALON1973 wrote:

.@newapollo

This is a free forum and I will comment where and when I wish.

I'm aware of the issue, as I have also paid the extra £6, however with the amount of posts complaining about the charges, and the disparity between new and existing customer charges  should have been started on a separate thread, or the posts moved to a new thread.

No Dave.. if you look back at Page1/2 of this thread there are comments about charges and inaccuracies -due to being unresolved with absolutely nothing coming from VM - then I think its Justifiable that customers are still complaining about it on page 76...

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 759 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@KB29R wrote: No Dave.. if you look back at Page1/2 of this thread there are comments about charges and inaccuracies -due to being unresolved with absolutely nothing coming from VM - then I think its Justifiable that customers are still complaining about it on page 76.

It wasn't until post 45 that the thread began to stray off topic to the £6 charge for existing customers. 😆

Perhaps it would now be better if the mods changed the thread title to reflect the newer topic 😎

Dave

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 760 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

@bfptaylor wrote:

This thread is perfectly on topic! People were querying if Virgin had given up on UHD due to the late implementation of the service, and when it did eventually launch, they decided to charge loyal customers £6pm for the privilege.