Menu
golden86
Dialled in
Message 741 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

@TALON1973 wrote:

.@golden86

that’s  because what they are doing is illegal , and they know it. It’s only until they get a legal challenge things change. I’m half tempted to go all the way just to force a change. This type of practice was stopped years ago. And they are trying to sneak it back in.

Is is illegal to offer different package contents to existing vs new customers? I understand they might offer free trial or statement credit to entice new customers to switch, but differentiating on the package content level is a bit much, whilst advertising the same package name to everyone and not even telling existing customers when they upgrade oh by the way you won't be getting UHD even though it's under the same UO package.

0 Kudos
golden86
Dialled in
Message 742 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@stephentucker wrote:

Well it's done. I've signed up to Sky from 30th April with their nearest equivalent of ultimate oomph  with netflix premium included . I get one sky q box and two minis. up to 142mb broadband. Total monthly price £98.80 for 18 months, £60 set up fee. My virgin contract ends on 11th May. I'm not gonna trash Virgin. I've been with them for 7 years and will no doubt be back at some point. I've had some great deals in that time and pretty decent service overall.

What if VM counter offers UO with £79 pricing and you get 600mb broadband?

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 743 of 828
Flag for a moderator

They wont. Not for three boxes. They'll charge at least a tenner a month for a third box as they do now. And then I would have to add back on my existing £13.99 netflix subscription as I do now. So it would end up near identical pricing. In any event as I said before, it's not just about cost. The virgin router, for all it's sizzling speed has poor range and too many frequent, spontaneous reboots for my liking and I fancy trying out the SKY Q system and their router and I dont fancy much the upcoming Horizon rollout on the V6's.
0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Superfast
Message 744 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@stephentucker wrote:
They wont. Not for three boxes. They'll charge at least a tenner a month for a third box as they do now. And then I would have to add back on my existing £13.99 netflix subscription as I do now. So it would end up near identical pricing. In any event as I said before, it's not just about cost. The virgin router, for all it's sizzling speed has poor range and too many frequent, spontaneous reboots for my liking and I fancy trying out the SKY Q system and their router and I dont fancy much the upcoming Horizon rollout on the V6's.

When you get SkyQ it would be great if you would be kind enough to give us a comparison review on picture quality and STB features compared to the V6, although thinking about it that would be a bit cheeky on a VM sponsored forum.

KB29R
On our wavelength
Message 745 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@stephentucker wrote:

When you get SkyQ it would be great if you would be kind enough to give us a comparison review on picture quality and STB features compared to the V6, although thinking about it that would be a bit cheeky on a VM sponsored forum.

Also Im guessing the Sound Quality would be superior on a sky box if I remember correctly from a few years back - VM sounds muffled in comparison to a sky box - as if the tweeters had gone missing..

0 Kudos
golden86
Dialled in
Message 746 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@stephentucker wrote:

+1 on the comparison request, would love to see if grass is greener over there

stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 747 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@stephentucker wrote:

More than happy to if they'll allow it. As I said previously, i've got no real axe to grind with Virgin, it is what it is and that's why I'm leaving.  Like everyone else, I'm disappointed they didn't include us existing UO customers in their UHD upgrade and disappointed that when i told them i was considering leaving, they didn't put up much effort to retain me. They did offer to reduce my payment by £8 a month but they wanted £135 to replace my ancient TIVO with a third V6. They may well offer me a better deal when I actually end my contract (I'm due to phone them on April 10th)

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 748 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@stephentucker wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@stephentucker wrote:

More than happy to if they'll allow it. As I said previously, i've got no real axe to grind with Virgin, it is what it is and that's why I'm leaving.  Like everyone else, I'm disappointed they didn't include us existing UO customers in their UHD upgrade and disappointed that when i told them i was considering leaving, they didn't put up much effort to retain me. They did offer to reduce my payment by £8 a month but they wanted £135 to replace my ancient TIVO with a third V6. They may well offer me a better deal when I actually end my contract (I'm due to phone them on April 10th)

I have been looking at skyq myself but if I try and create a bundle of equivalence to my ultimate oomph with netflix premium it comes in at £140 and broadband of 38mb v my Gig 1 on VM.

Did you phone sky or go through the website?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 749 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@golden86 wrote:

@TALON1973 wrote:

Just had an exceptionally earlier call from the complaint department in regards uhd. The woman totally understood where I was coming from , and didn’t understand why virgin have done what they have. 

But she didn’t have the power to do anything to change it. So has passed it to a manager. Outcome in 72 hours. I’ve already said I’ll take it all the way ( CISAS ) . It won’t cost me anything but time. Virgin can get fined.  I know I’m in the right , so won’t fold on this one. It’s the principle.

I had a complaint in and got called back by the manager, I think it was retention manager not complaint manager. She spent 30min telling me all the information given to me was correct, UHD is only for brand new customers to Virgin and not existing customers upgrading to the UO package. I argued this isn't clear by your public information, multiple sources points to new UO package customers should receive UHD as part of the package. Anyway we went around circles on this for 30-40min and then I said sounds like we're not going anywhere I'm going to file this with CISAS, that's when the tone changed quickly. Let me investigate this further and get back to you, can see you're a long time customer we don't want to sour the relationship bla bla. A couple days later, I got UHD added to my package and then discounted the same £6 cost to 0 it.

Well done Mate , did you get the name of the Manager ? Perhaps we can can all reference her , when we phone up 😆👍

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 750 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@jonathanpye wrote:

@stephentucker wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@stephentucker wrote:

I have been looking at skyq myself but if I try and create a bundle of equivalence to my ultimate oomph with netflix premium it comes in at £140 and broadband of 38mb v my Gig 1 on VM.

Did you phone sky or go through the website?

I phoned them.

You will definitely get a better deal than that. Like I say mine is £98.80 per month (£104.80 once I add a sim card) that gives me ultimate oomph equivalent on 3 boxes with all the UHD offerings that sparked this thread in the first place. Plus I get Netflix in UHD on up to 4 devices at once which saves me £13.99 a month. To be fair I lose BT sport UHD but still get all the other BT sport channels in HD on all three boxes and up to 142mb broadband. The broadband will depend on what's available in your area via the openreach network.

0 Kudos