Menu
Treble1
Superfast
Message 731 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

i pay £72.99 ultimate oomph 600mb package and that was with £200 credit and £135 quidco very happy 

RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 732 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@Treble1 wrote:

i pay £72.99 ultimate oomph 600mb package and that was with £200 credit and £135 quidco very happy 

Well done T1 , trouble is other people pay a lot more and no UHD 

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
golden86
Dialled in
Message 733 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Was that because you were a brand new customer?

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 734 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@RAQUEL6 wrote:

@Treble1 wrote:

Well done T1 , trouble is other people pay a lot more and no UHD 

I do have a suspicion there is medial pricing , so if you get a very good introductory deal, the room to renegotiate a cheap normalised price is alot less.

I think these are the kind of things Natalie may also be referring to rather than just the service but the account history as I would assume such low prices are at a loss for VM to gain customers and they have to recover those losses long term.

Having said that I think as a gig 1 ultimate oomph with UHD, then I think the target price I should be at is about £100 to £110 based on what the prices people are paying for standard oomph. I am assuming medial price of £99 ,new customer discount from medial price is about £20 currently, that UHD should be free and Gig1 upgrade about £10. 

Do you guys agree or have your own pricing structure thoughts?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
TALON1973
Dialled in
Message 735 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Just had an exceptionally earlier call from the complaint department in regards uhd. The woman totally understood where I was coming from , and didn’t understand why virgin have done what they have. 

But she didn’t have the power to do anything to change it. So has passed it to a manager. Outcome in 72 hours. I’ve already said I’ll take it all the way ( CISAS ) . It won’t cost me anything but time. Virgin can get fined.  I know I’m in the right , so won’t fold on this one. It’s the principle.

KB29R
On our wavelength
Message 736 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@TALON1973 wrote:

Just had an exceptionally earlier call from the complaint department in regards uhd. The woman totally understood where I was coming from , and didn’t understand why virgin have done what they have. 

But she didn’t have the power to do anything to change it. So has passed it to a manager. Outcome in 72 hours. I’ve already said I’ll take it all the way ( CISAS ) . It won’t cost me anything but time. Virgin can get fined.  I know I’m in the right , so won’t fold on this one. It’s the principle.

Save your self 8 weeks - request a deadlock letter from this caller who is supposedly calling you back (unlikely) - get him/her to email it to you to save another 4 weeks of ‘its in the post’ then you can use Cisas if you feel you have a strong enough case 

I have been there and read the Book

0 Kudos
TALON1973
Dialled in
Message 737 of 828
Flag for a moderator

.@KB29R

Can’t see how I can’t win tbh.

golden86
Dialled in
Message 738 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@TALON1973 wrote:

I had a complaint in and got called back by the manager, I think it was retention manager not complaint manager. She spent 30min telling me all the information given to me was correct, UHD is only for brand new customers to Virgin and not existing customers upgrading to the UO package. I argued this isn't clear by your public information, multiple sources points to new UO package customers should receive UHD as part of the package. Anyway we went around circles on this for 30-40min and then I said sounds like we're not going anywhere I'm going to file this with CISAS, that's when the tone changed quickly. Let me investigate this further and get back to you, can see you're a long time customer we don't want to sour the relationship bla bla. A couple days later, I got UHD added to my package and then discounted the same £6 cost to 0 it.

TALON1973
Dialled in
Message 739 of 828
Flag for a moderator

.@golden86

that’s  because what they are doing is illegal , and they know it. It’s only until they get a legal challenge things change. I’m half tempted to go all the way just to force a change. This type of practice was stopped years ago. And they are trying to sneak it back in.

my problem is not that new subscribers get an introductory offer, my gripe is have got “ the ultimate oomph “ ( which is the top package ) now comes in 2 flavours, but both are called the same. You can’t do that.

They backed themselves into a corner when they made the ultimate oomph package. It was EVERYTHING. You can’t just change how that operates.

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 740 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Well it's done. I've signed up to Sky from 30th April with their nearest equivalent of ultimate oomph  with netflix premium included . I get one sky q box and two minis. up to 142mb broadband. Total monthly price £98.80 for 18 months, £60 set up fee. My virgin contract ends on 11th May. I'm not gonna trash Virgin. I've been with them for 7 years and will no doubt be back at some point. I've had some great deals in that time and pretty decent service overall.