Menu
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 571 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

Just banking on people not phoning up again .....

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
kenny009uk
Tuning in
Message 572 of 828
Flag for a moderator

I basically got the same response.

0 Kudos
TALON1973
Up to speed
Message 573 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Mine said education as well. How condescending does that come across?? Nice way to treat customers . Not happy

But again.... if the “ultimate package” isn’t in fact the ultimate, that’s false advertising.

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 574 of 828
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure why theres a complaint. If there is new customer offer then it is what it is   If your a recent customer and are at max discount levels and VM are now applying the upgrade charge then again as annoying as that may be it is what it is as potentially there are no additional discounts available. 

Aa a long term customer, to get the new stuff , I phone up and renegotiate  sometimes theres a small increase, sometimes theres a reduction, sometimes small , sometimes large.

I do not complain about new customer pricing as its introductory, but I do use it in my annual or bi-annual negotiations as a point of reference.

Upgrade is £6, it's not part of the ultimate oomph unless included as a new customer sweetener, but you simply have to negotiate a discount to offset it.

I'm not sure if those in contract realise you can try and renegotiate within contract and could get a discount to offset the uhd cost.

Based on new customer ultimate oomph, plus gig1, plus uhd.. I'm probably paying around £5 higher than this. 

If I looked at full oomph price with gig1 and uhd I'm probably paying £45 less.

Am I overpaying or under paying . Neither, I'm paying what I've negotiated and agreed to pay for the whole package I've agreed to pay for.

As ive stated previously, only retentions has the power to retain you with access to discount codes and therefore the only team to negotiate with about the content and overall price of your package. I only ever negotiate with the on shore team also as they seem to be more informed than off shore teams 

Any other avenue and it's an upgrade costing £6.

Also, if anyone as a new potential customer of a VM competitor can build a sky pack or BT  pack that is as good value for money as the VM package let me know and I will consider leaving VM as I have tried to build a comparable package myself and cannot get close!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 575 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@TALON1973 wrote:

Mine said education as well. How condescending does that come across?? Nice way to treat customers . Not happy

But again.... if the “ultimate package” isn’t in fact the ultimate, that’s false advertising.

I agree, the term education is condescending and the response very scripted which in itself makes you then feel undervalued as a customer. I think VM should review their complaint responses so as not to add salt into the wounds of upset customers.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 576 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@jonathanpye wrote:

I'm not sure why theres a complaint. If there is new customer offer then it is what it is   If your a recent customer and are at max discount levels and VM are now applying the upgrade charge then again as annoying as that may be it is what it is as potentially there are no additional discounts available. 

Aa a long term customer, to get the new stuff , I phone up and renegotiate  sometimes theres a small increase, sometimes theres a reduction, sometimes small , sometimes large.

I do not complain about new customer pricing as its introductory, but I do use it in my annual or bi-annual negotiations as a point of reference.

Upgrade is £6, it's not part of the ultimate oomph unless included as a new customer sweetener, but you simply have to negotiate a discount to offset it.

I'm not sure if those in contract realise you can try and renegotiate within contract and could get a discount to offset the uhd cost.

Based on new customer ultimate oomph, plus gig1, plus uhd.. I'm probably paying around £5 higher than this. 

If I looked at full oomph price with gig1 and uhd I'm probably paying £45 less.

Am I overpaying or under paying . Neither, I'm paying what I've negotiated and agreed to pay for the whole package I've agreed to pay for.

As ive stated previously, only retentions has the power to retain you with access to discount codes and therefore the only team to negotiate with about the content and overall price of your package. I only ever negotiate with the on shore team also as they seem to be more informed than off shore teams 

Any other avenue and it's an upgrade costing £6.

Also, if anyone as a new potential customer of a VM competitor can build a sky pack or BT  pack that is as good value for money as the VM package let me know and I will consider leaving VM as I have tried to build a comparable package myself and cannot get close!

It's not a sweetener, it's part of the package. 

Forgetting discounts or negotiations for a second, the retail price of the ultimate oomph is £139 with UHD included. Unless you are a current customer which it is now £149 with UHD and the price increase. Those current customers and now not really on ultimate oomph anymore.

You believe that's ok? 

Also a question, why is the retail price of ultimate oomph £139 after the discount period? Surely it should be £143 which would include the price increase. 

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 577 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps its just me , but i couldn't be bothered to go through all that for a few UHD films they may not be UHD / 4K anyway... Seems like you are pleading with them for not very much and something you should get anyway , again it does depend on how much you paid for UO in the first place and what price you get the UHD for !

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
Message 578 of 828
Flag for a moderator

If a bundle is advertised as containing specific services then that is the bundle whether a new or existing customer. The bundle should be no different its just the discounts that new customers get as opposed to loyal customers.

0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 579 of 828
Flag for a moderator

I think it would be a much easier sell if it was bundled with sky sports 4K 

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 580 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

If a bundle is advertised as containing specific services then that is the bundle whether a new or existing customer. The bundle should be no different its just the discounts that new customers get as opposed to loyal customers.

Ok.

I'm looking at the page now. I was told it was an I introductory offer on a web chat so I assumed temporary. If its permanent then I agree. 

The package is now £79 aswell plus a £299 soundbar or £100 credit. 

So I retract my opinion and support your statements.

Furthermore, I will be phoning them up for a bigger discount. 

If the blocker yo that is gig1 I will be reverting to standard oomph.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos