Message 342 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin given up on UHD?

@shawty1984 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@shawty1984 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@ozsat wrote:

You should be able to see the difference between SD and HD, and HD and UHD.  If you can't then there is no point in having UHD.

The difference is quite noticable.

It depends on TV screen size and also bitrate. I have seen some very poor HD programmes due to poor bitrate.

Screen size alone has nothing to do with it. 

Hence why I never said it did!

You did? You said it depends on TV screen size. It's right there in the quote. 

And you said my eyesight must be bad! 🙂 If you reread the sentence again you will see i said screen size and bit rate.

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 343 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@Treble1 wrote:

Please forgive me for I have sinned 

I paid the £6 

please forgive me 

Straight to Hell boy 🔥😄

How does that SD, HD, HDR UHD Picture look 🤷🤷

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 344 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@shawty1984 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@shawty1984 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@ozsat wrote:

You should be able to see the difference between SD and HD, and HD and UHD.  If you can't then there is no point in having UHD.

The difference is quite noticable.

It depends on TV screen size and also bitrate. I have seen some very poor HD programmes due to poor bitrate.

Screen size alone has nothing to do with it. 

Hence why I never said it did!

You did? You said it depends on TV screen size. It's right there in the quote. 

And you said my eyesight must be bad! 🙂 If you reread the sentence again you will see i said screen size and bit rate.

You're missing the point. TV size and bit rate have no correlation with each other. You said it depends on TV screen size. Forget bit rate, when I said screen size alone has nothing to do with it, that's correct. It could be 80 inch or 20 inch, 4k is 4k (if all other variables are the same), screen size has nothing to do with it by itself. What you mean is screen size in relation to viewing distance. 20 inch would be no good if viewing from 8ft just as 80 inch would be no good if viewing from 4ft. 

The actual screen size itself which you stated is irrelevant if you don't mention viewing distance. 

0 Kudos
Brown96
On our wavelength
Message 345 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Crafty as they announced that in March all our bills go up by £4 then announce you’ve got to pay £6 for UHD that’s a tenner a month rise if I go for it than the cost a month ago.

shawty1984
Rising star
Message 346 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@Brown96 wrote:

Crafty as they announced that in March all our bills go up by £4 then announce you’ve got to pay £6 for UHD that’s a tenner a month rise if I go for it than the cost a month ago.

To make matters worse, the advertised price of Ultimate oomph for new customers (after the initial discount) is £139 which includes Sky UHD. The price for current customers with Sky UHD included and the price rise coming is £149. 

0 Kudos
Brown96
On our wavelength
Message 347 of 828
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I’ve wrote in a complaint they’ve changed my contract without me knowing had 2 months left now it’s 12 months because they Upgraded the internet and 360 boxes that I’ve not even had installed will be calling as well in morning to fully cancel that as ain’t paying for something I don’t even have haha
0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 348 of 828
Flag for a moderator

@RAQUEL6 wrote:

@Treble1 wrote:

Please forgive me for I have sinned 

I paid the £6 

please forgive me 

Straight to Hell boy 🔥😄

How does that SD, HD, HDR UHD Picture look 🤷🤷

Lol it’s not updated yet probably tomorrow now 

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 349 of 828
Flag for a moderator

As an ultimate oomph customer on gig1 I assume I've already got the uhd upgrade as of 25th feb?

It seems though it's not applicable to broadcasted sky cinema but only on demand sky cinema hence why it's not on the sports.

If I had to pay to upgrade, on most things I would but on this,  no, for £6 its all in or not at all and I have a 4k HDR oled LG CX to use. Upgrading for  partial UHd content of what is available in UHd is not worth paying for. In regard size and distance 65 inch approx 10ft away is my viewing distance and the difference of UHD to FHD is very apparent. Anyway it should also be HDR and really Dolby Vision and Atmos as already provided on netflix, amazon and disney+. I believe we get atmos on some BTSport ultimate live events but that's it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
jasonm193
On our wavelength
Message 350 of 828
Flag for a moderator

So it appears after to speaking to retentions this morning UHD is now available for free to all existing ultimate oomph cutomers via a new code available to them why they have done this we can only speculate but i can only imagine that the backlash and customer complaints may have had something to do with it.