Menu
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Fox HD Intermittent Pixelation

Hi everyone, just sharing this to see if anyone else is having a similar issue.

When watching Fox HD in the evenings I've been noticing intermittent pixelation, it don't seem to affect other channels however.

I'm a Sky Q customer and currently have the same posted on their forum and other users are complaining of the same thing with somebody claiming its happening on Virgin too,

I'm trying to get Fox to address this but have yet to get any response from them and Sky despite coming out and checking everything need more evidence of others having the issue before approaching Fox.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fox HD Intermittent Pixelation

Although you see it on FoxHD there are also some other channels on Sky with the same issue which share the same multiplex.

VirginMedia get their channels via different routes depending on the channel and it would seem the other Sky affected channels are taken a different way on VirginMedia and so are not affected.

Sky are aware and are working on it.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@ozsat wrote:

Sky are aware and are working on it.

Hmmm, why are Sky technical support not picking up on this then I wonder.

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They did fix it a couple of weeks ago but it has returned - it may need new equipment.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, they might have done actually now I think of it,

Its quite annoying that I've been probing this for over a week now, I've had an engineer test everything and even swap parts just to tick boxes and he wasn't aware, and technical support on follow up weren't aware, even after they went away to find out more info and called me back to say I would need to have whole dish replaced, all cabling replaced and Sky Q box replaced. (Which is a hell no from me)

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've found with Sky and VirginMedia that you can have 100s of posts about a unique problem which whoever checks can see - and still they say it is a problem only with you and you need a visit to fix it.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I'm tired of all these companies, the amount of damage they do to peoples homes and neighborhoods is stupid, the amount of energy and materials they waste too is something that should be reviewed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy that Sky is willing to put in some much effort for my account and not just pass blame or find ways to avoid doing much and they've made it very easy and convenient to get the help (unlike the competition) but when I quoted Sky's intentions yesterday to a friend their response was "That's extreme" which I agree,

I suppose we'll see how they get on sorting this issue out, I'll probably give Sky a phone in the bit and try one last probe to get the issues linked but otherwise I'll find another way of dealing with it as trashing my house isn't the route I'm going down, but I do like the deal I have with Sky so not going anyway soon either.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How is this now?

@JitteryPinger wrote:

Hi everyone, just sharing this to see if anyone else is having a similar issue.

When watching Fox HD in the evenings I've been noticing intermittent pixelation, it don't seem to affect other channels however.

I'm a Sky Q customer and currently have the same posted on their forum and other users are complaining of the same thing with somebody claiming its happening on Virgin too,

I'm trying to get Fox to address this but have yet to get any response from them and Sky despite coming out and checking everything need more evidence of others having the issue before approaching Fox.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky1HD/Fox HD Intermittent Pixelation

Hi @ozsat,

As you saw on Sky HF, still on-going,maybe getting worse, https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Fox-HD-Intermittent-Pixelation/td-p/3635286

In the past couple of weeks I've ended up missing key words in script for a couple of shows now, watching New: The Simpsons this weekend past was just terrible mess.

It's clear there is some sort of broadcast problem, and how they can't see that I do not know, but users are reporting it to bee affected both Sky+ and Sky Q services.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky1HD/Fox HD Intermittent Pixelation

For what it's worth, I've got a few SL's for Fox programmes and haven't noticed any issues with pictures or breakup.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos