cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Film Recording errors

Redlorakeet
On our wavelength

I have a v360. 

when I record a film which records as two episodes, the second episode has the beginning of it missing. In other words the film does not play continuously, there is a chunk missing. 

what can cause this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cje85
Trouble shooter

A lot of broadcasters including the Channel 5 group and ITV2,3 and 4 split films in to two parts with a pointless entertainment news update in the middle. This is to take advantage of an Ofcom loophole which allows more ad breaks.Unfortunately it sometimes means a bit at the end of part 1 or start of part 2 is lost. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

cje85
Trouble shooter

A lot of broadcasters including the Channel 5 group and ITV2,3 and 4 split films in to two parts with a pointless entertainment news update in the middle. This is to take advantage of an Ofcom loophole which allows more ad breaks.Unfortunately it sometimes means a bit at the end of part 1 or start of part 2 is lost. 

Redlorakeet
On our wavelength

Thanks

when ihad the tivo box films were never split and I never had this happen. 

since I have had this piece of junk software 360 it does it. I don’t understand. 

Hi Redlorakeet,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, i have the 360 boxes and have never experienced this, the split films isn't the box this is down to the way the channel show it, have you tried changing the box to record a little earlier and run a little over to stop this.

Regards

Paul.

Hi, yes, tried starting earlier and extending end time, makes no difference. 

thanks for your advises though. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If I'm recording a movie that splits into two parts (epsiodes) for exmaple today The Apocalypse on Great Movies, I also record the break between the two transmissions which is generally for around 5 or six minutes, to me it's just the same as recording  a few minutes of adverts..

The Apocalypse Episode 1 14:05 to 18:00 - Great Movie News 18:00 to 18:06 - The Apocalypse Episode 2 18:06 to 18:55

EDIT - Forgot to add, I would also prefer the ability to just record set times eg 14:05 to 18:00 as on the V6 for both split episodes like the above, and also to select the time of a currently unpopulated program in the EPG due for broadcast at a future date when I already know what will be airing.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I am sure someone said they set a Seies link for films split like this and that worked.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @roy247 

I've never tried that - it's so simple I never even thought of it Tipping my hat to youTipping my hat to you

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

I haven't tried it myself but someone said it worked and it's only a short series. 

Roy

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When were the films in question broadcast? Every time I've looked at one of these scenarios on the V6 EPG it's been a continual slot rather than being split.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks