cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evening TV disruption

Gavdiver182
Joining in

Hi all, first post on here. We switched to Virgin about 6 weeks ago but all of a sudden at 7 or 8pm we get serious picture disruption for about 10 minutes, does anyone else get this? We're used to it with Freeview & BT but I'm confused as to why it's happening with virgin. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your live TV is affected by pixellation, that's most likely a signal fault. It will affect any resulting recordings too.

Reboot your box once to rule out a software issue, if symptoms persist then there's a fault needing fixing. Call 0800 5610061 to check for known area issues, and if nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and/or that it's potentially only affecting you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this happening on live TV? OnDemand? Recorded programmes? There's no logical reason why time of day should affect recordings, but I'll ask.

What sort of picture disruption is this? Can you describe it, or better still, post a picture or video?

You can check for known faults on the local automated status line - 0800 5610061.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi, thanks - its on live TV and recordings during the same time window. I don't get it either, it's only just started happening. I'll try give them a call.

Its like atmospheric disruption you get with Freeview, the picture part pixelates and then returns.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your live TV is affected by pixellation, that's most likely a signal fault. It will affect any resulting recordings too.

Reboot your box once to rule out a software issue, if symptoms persist then there's a fault needing fixing. Call 0800 5610061 to check for known area issues, and if nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and/or that it's potentially only affecting you.