cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code CURL28

Amber771
Tuning in

I cannot access any apps on tv. Error code CURL28 Operation Timeout Error it says on the tv. Says internet connection unstable. I have reinstalled all the apps to no avail. I cannot find any info re this code. Could anyone help please.

7 REPLIES 7

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Google suggests an issue with a Samsung TV. If this is the case, perhaps their forum can help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So there is a samsung error on tv ? 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What I am saying is that this error message is not being generated by your Virgin Media TV 360 set top box but likely by your TV. I have seen information on this being generated by a Samsung TV. Do you have a Samsung TV? If so, you are more likely to get an answer from Samsung directly or from a customer forum if they have one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you yes mine is samsung tv i will take a look many thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Amber771, thanks for your post here in the community and I'm sorry you're having issues with your TV.

As our VIP @Ernie_C has suggested, it is not an error code with our TV box so I do hope the Samsung forums can help you here.

If you do have Virgin Media broadband services though and the TV is detecting broadband faults, I'd advise trying to see if this is resolved too by connecting your TV to your Virgin Media Hub via an ethernet cable to see if things improve.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Scott9255
Joining in

@Amber771 wrote:

I cannot access any apps on tv. Error code CURL28 Operation Timeout Error it says on the tv. Says internet connection unstable. I have reinstalled all the apps to no avail. I cannot find any info re this code. Could anyone help please.

One of the typical reason for cURL error 28 could be the connection problems due to firewall or network. When there is a firewall between the server and the external website, it can block outgoing request. Similarly, it can happen when the remote server is not reachable due to network errors.

Scott9255
Joining in

@Amber771 wrote:

I cannot access any apps on tv. Error code CURL28 Operation Timeout Error it says on the tv. Says internet connection unstable. I have reinstalled all the apps to no avail. I cannot find any info re this code. Could anyone help please. McDVOICE

I'd advise trying to see if this is resolved too by connecting your TV to your Virgin Media Hub via an ethernet cable to see if things improve.