cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error CS6002

dm404vm360
Joining in

Has anyone resolved the Hard Drive error w/out an engineer or replacing the box? Happy to follow any steps that have worked for others before calling VM up...

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

I think you will have to call VM.

You could try a factory reset if you haven't already tried that, go to Settings > System > Factory Reset

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will
have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will
go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If the hard drive is faulty which is usually what CS6002 means then you will have lost your recordings already so you will not have anything to lose if you try the format option, it may not even work if the drive is faulty.

Ahhh yeh it didnt work. I will call VM

Hey there @dm404vm360,

Welcome to the Community Forums thanks for the post, I'm super sorry about your issues with your TV box 😢

I can see you mentioned calling us up, did you manage to speak to one of the team? If so were they able to help you with sorting out your issue?

If you still have an issue please come back to us and if needed we will assist further.

Cheers, Joe

Hi Joe - I've not had a chance. Which number do I call? I keep getting directed to FAQs and the community when looking online 

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Hi @dm404vm360 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I will send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill