cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error CS6002

afireworkdaze
Joining in

Hi,

we got our new box in March and everything has been working fine, up until about a week ago, now we are unable to pause live TV and keep getting this error. We were previously able to pause etc.
Can anyone help? 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you record programmes OK?

What's your setup with master-box/mini-box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @afireworkdaze 

Sorry to see you have the CS6002 error.

AS per the onscreen message error CS6002 is we can't find your hard drive.

Is this a mini box, or the main 360 box? The mini boxes don't have hard drives.

If that's on the main box then you could try a factory reset, however I don't think it will help in this case, and that you'll need to contact VM Faults (150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 as shown on your TV screen) for a replacement main box. If you do call VM it's best around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Try the factory reset as you've nothing to lose.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings which means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again), this may fix the hard drive, however it's likely to fail again in the future.

A member of the forum team may pick this up for you in  a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi afireworkdaze,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your 360 box, we understand the frustration this error is causing you. 

As our valued member @newapollo has advised already, did a factory reset resolved your issue? Has it resolved the issue of you now being able to pause live TV?

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi.