cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on V360

Betanski
On our wavelength

I've noticed when using the Disney + app on my V360 box, some of the programmes are not offering Atmos playback yet the Disney + app when accessed via other equipment I have (LG TV, Firestick), does allow Atmos playback. The V360 does allow Atmos playback on Netflix so why not Disney +?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for posting on our help forum Betanski, welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of the issue with the Disney Plus App and Dolby Atmos playback feature on your TV box not working, while it does on other devices.
Could you please tell us more on how your Dolby Atmos connects to our TV box currently?

Have you plugged an HDMI directly from it onto the TV box to get the sound output on your speakers or is it connecting to your smart TV instead?

Please, let us know how you get on since you last posted here on Saturday too - happy to best assist should you need more help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for posting on our help forum Betanski, welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of the issue with the Disney Plus App and Dolby Atmos playback feature on your TV box not working, while it does on other devices.
Could you please tell us more on how your Dolby Atmos connects to our TV box currently?

Have you plugged an HDMI directly from it onto the TV box to get the sound output on your speakers or is it connecting to your smart TV instead?

Please, let us know how you get on since you last posted here on Saturday too - happy to best assist should you need more help.

Adri
Forum Team

Betanski
On our wavelength

Hi, thanks for responding. My V360 is connected to an AV amp via a good quality fibre optic HDMI cable.  In turn, my AV amp is connected to my TV, also with a fibre optic HDMI cable.  The HDMI cable from the amp to the TV is connected via ARC.  My concern really is that it is only some programmes on Disney + which, on the V360 app, does not give Atmos.  When looking at the details on the 360 D+ app the programme clearly states sound is available in 5:1 decoding yet the D+ app on my LG TV, Firestick & Bluray player all advertise the same programme as Dolby Atmos.  There is no doubt that the way my V360 is connected is not the problem as all the Dolby Atmos programmes on other channels such as Netflix replay the Atmos perfectly. Note - One of the things I loved about getting the new V360 box was that I noticed the Atmos soundtracks / programmes on Netflix were now available whereas Atmos was not available at all on the older, replaced V6 box.

I think you will find that the app does not support Dolby Atmos yet.  I was disappointed to find this out and hope that the developers will update the app in the future.  Until then I stick to watching on my FireCube.

@Betanski wrote:

The HDMI cable from the amp to the TV is connected via ARC.

This won't solve your problem but you should use a non-ARC input, typically HDMI 1.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@Betanski wrote:

The HDMI cable from the amp to the TV is connected via ARC.

This won't solve your problem but you should use a non-ARC input, typically HDMI 1.

If he does that then he will get no audio from the TV to the amp.

Thanks.  The problem is deffo not to do with the hook up as it is only a problem on the V360's Disney + App.   It appears the D+ V360 app does not support Atmos whereas my other "source" equipment does.  The ARC HDMI cable / system I'm using currently does everything ARC is supposed to do & successfully delivers Atmos sound from my LG TV to my AV amp.

Thanks for your reply, I agree, I think the problem is exactly as you say.  If official VM representatives are following this thread, how about getting the D+ App upgraded to accommodate Atmos.  Doing so would justify the ££'s we're paying for the most up to date equipment.

Hi Betanski,

It is the app and I think it's disney + who are responsible for the app not vm.

Same for all the apps AFAIK.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the posts and replies, Betanski.

Sorry to see you're still experiencing this issue on Disney+ App via your TV box.
As this seems to be a feature available on Netflix and other Apps on 360 and you've already advised you have the correct set up (cabling), it should be a problem with the specific App not supporting Dolby Atmos on our box.

In this case, we'd be adding any further software updates for this App automatically moving forwards (our equipment usually updates overnight) and hopefully on these the Dolby Atmos patch will hopefully be added.
In the meantime, you may watch Disney+ via Smart TV instead as you can get Dolby Atmos there.
Also, this works on Netflix and other apps on the 360 box with no issues so we hope this did not cause a great inconvenience.

Let us know how you get on and if you need anything more from us, happy to best assist you.

Adri
Forum Team