cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in sound and picture on start up

Ruokani
Tuning in

When turning on the tv and 360 box from stand by mode there is a delay to picture and sound. This happens every time I tun on the tv.  After 15 mins I am rebooting the box. 

Have had the box for 8 months and has worked with no issues so far. No changes have been made to the set up in the last 4-5 months. 

Can't find other posts relating to this so wandering if anyone is having the same issue and how to fix (other than reboot)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Ruokani,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm glad that you have been able to get your TV issues resolved with the help from the super helpful community members.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

Is the 360 set to fast start or active start ? Do you see a welcome screen when turning the box on ?

Hello box is set to active start. Welcome screen when reboot. Nothing when turning on from standby just screen resolution numbers show and active HDMI port number. 

roy247
Community elder

@Ruokani wrote:

Hello box is set to active start. Welcome screen when reboot. Nothing when turning on from standby just screen resolution numbers show and active HDMI port number. 

I assume that is the HDMI port that the 360 is connected to.

You said in your first post that you reboot the box after 15mins, so it's been a blank screen for all that time, is the reboot you do just switching the box off and on with the switch on the back of the 360 ? 

What happens if you just turn the box off with the remote and back on again is it just the same. Do you get any error messages at all and are all your recordings OK.

You could try a factory reset if you haven't already tried that, go to Settings > System > Factory Reset

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Hi thanks for your reply. 

Yes HDMI that 360 is connected to. Yes was also a blank screen with no picture and intermittent sound for a split second. Switch off and unplug when rebooting. 

I changed the setting to fast start and that seem to have solved the issue and is now starting ok.

If I get further issues I note some of your other things in terms of a reset. 

Thank you for your help. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Ruokani,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm glad that you have been able to get your TV issues resolved with the help from the super helpful community members.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi there. 

Unfortunately the issue is back again. After I selected fast start it seemed to resolve the issue temporarily. 

Ive taken a video to show the issue hopefully this will make what is happening clear to see. 

Image restrictions means you can't upload large files sizes so I've put into an album. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6UFN7YJWLJepDiCA8

Hi @Ruokani,

Thank you for the update. I'm very sorry to hear that the issue has returned. Unfortunately I'm unable to access and view that video provided in that link.

Have you tried a factory reset of the box yet to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi 

Not done the reset yet as I've been away for a few days. Will update once I've done it to see if the issue persists. But I'm guessing time will tell if it's only fixed it in the short term and the box need replacing. 

On the upside my kids are watching less TV 🙂

Thanks.