cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect tv 360 box

Johnny121
Joining in

I’m sure I read that if your main tv360 box is too far away from your router you can connect via WiFi and the same would apply to a second mini box, however via live chat the agent said that a wired connection to both boxes would be required. Can anyone clarify if you can connect via WiFi as the router would be in a different room from the main box and mini box.

If I recorded something on the main box would I be able to watch it on the mini box and does the mini box have the capability to record as well. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Johnny121,

The main 360 box and the mini box can be connected either by ethernet (preferred) or Wi Fi.

Both boxes need  to be connected to the white VM co-axial cable for live TV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Johnny121,

The main 360 box and the mini box can be connected either by ethernet (preferred) or Wi Fi.

Both boxes need  to be connected to the white VM co-axial cable for live TV.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Johnny121 wrote:

If I recorded something on the main box would I be able to watch it on the mini box and does the mini box have the capability to record as well. Thanks.

Mini-boxes don't have hard drives - you can set recordings on the mini, but they will be using the main box's HDD.

Anytime you watch a recording on the mini, you're streaming from the master box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  again Johnny121,

Sorry forgot to answer this ..

The mini box doesn't have a hard drive, but you can set recordings from it and they will be stored on the  main box.

You can watch the recordings from either box.

The following page has lot's of helpful info on how the 360 works https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.