cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint escalation

Aaron_Talbot
Tuning in

How long should it take for someone to resolve a escalated complaint as I have known a company to take so long to respond and resolve a problem, such bad customer service

17 REPLIES 17

Go back and read the advice given by @japitts about taking the matter to adjudication.  You're going round in circles with VM, if you want the matter independently reviewed then that is the route you need to take. 

The automatic compensation is not the limits of what VM can be liable for, it's merely the minimum they've committed themselves to.  Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, any service must be supplied with reasonable skill and care, so you have statutory rights that then lead into rights of redress including compensation or release from a contract where those are appropriate.  Also, under industry regulations VM are supposed to take complaints seriously - the Ofcom Fairness Commitments are a good summary of what you can expect, and can be the basis of structuring a complaint and request for compensation if that's what you're after.

In escalating a matter to CISAS, you need to clearly explain the problem, describe your contacts with VM and their responses, include any instances of rudeness, being cutoff, broken promises either to resolve the matter or call you back, and state clearly what outcome would resolve the matter for you.  CISAS are good and independent, but you still have to make your case clearly.

Thank you for the info, so basically proceed now with the complaint through the process target than waiting any longer? Thanks

@Aaron_Talbot wrote:

Thank you for the info, so basically proceed now with the complaint through the process target than waiting any longer? Thanks

In your shoes that's what I'd do, yes,

Thank you

Hi Aaron_Talbot

Thanks for coming back to us. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

One other quick question, due to Virgin not resolving the issue quickly, would you agree in myself holding back on then taking payment from my account until the complaint and compensation had been resolved? Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're happy to accept any and all consequences of late and/or missed payments, then go ahead.

VM's CS processes are not always as joined-up or customer-friendly as they could be. VM's credit-control process is highly automated and very efficient. Do a search for "credit file" on this forum and you'll find numerous examples of the consequences of missed payments.

Whether the credit file entry is deserved or not will differ every time, but the potentil results of withholding payments are well known.

As frustrating as it can be, follow the process through, hold your end of the bargain and "play the system" for want of a better phrase. You may disagree and want to do things your way, but do so in knowledge of how the processes work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ok thank you for your response and advice, I'll by my time.