cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code CS9995

Poor_Dog
On our wavelength

I keep getting this “Your virgin TV box isn’t connected to the WiFi network”

I go to Network Settings and follow the steps to connect with WiFi and end up in a cycle of selecting my network, trying to connect then being bounced back to select network.

I’ve logged into the hub which tells me the virgin box IS ALREADY CONNECTED.

How do I get rid of the error and the endless network setup wizard?

16 REPLIES 16

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What TV box is it? Tivo, V6, or 360?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

its a V6 box, recently updated to the 360 software

Ive finally got round it by changing to connecting via WPS, rather than selecting the network name. 

Poor_Dog
On our wavelength

I’ve got the same error code back again, this time using WPS to connect has failed and I’m back in the loop of trying to connect even though the router reports that the V6 box is already connected.

Poor_Dog
On our wavelength

Having got through the obstacle course that is being informed the box is not connected even though the hub says it is, I now have error CS2400 App not available Sorry BBC Launcher isn’t launching at the moment …

What is going on?

Hi @Poor_Dog 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your TV box

If you run a network test on the box in the Network Settings section, does the test advise that the connection is all good? Let us know how you get on as a weak signal may be causing this

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Poor_Dog
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply

On the days when this issue arises the network test reports either a slow connection speed, or that the Virgin TV box isn’t connected to the WiFi network, whereas the Hub reports the box to be connected and a connection speed of 856.93 Mbps.

How can one box say it isn’t connected but the other says it is?

On another day, without changing anything, everything works OK.

Hi Poor_Dog, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that there is an issue. 

How is the service at the moment since posting?

Have things improved?

Do you have the same issue with multiple boxes?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Poor_Dog
On our wavelength

There’s only the one box so multiple boxes isn’t an issue.

Things have settled down for now.

The ultimate solution seems to be to reboot the Hub3 and factory reset the V6 box.

Thank you for confirming @Poor_Dog are you able to monitor this and let us know how things are looking going forward? 

Thanks again.