cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 5

SaintshaneD
Joining in

I lose signal when watching or recording on this channel only. Anyone else have this problem or know how I can solve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by lose signal?

Are you getting an error message on-screen? If you have picture breakup or a loss of signal error, then check for local area faults on 0800 5610061 as a first step.

Do you have similar problems with BBC Parliament HD on Ch605 or QVC-SD on Ch740?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by lose signal?

Are you getting an error message on-screen? If you have picture breakup or a loss of signal error, then check for local area faults on 0800 5610061 as a first step.

Do you have similar problems with BBC Parliament HD on Ch605 or QVC-SD on Ch740?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

SaintshaneD
Joining in

Just on 5. It goes funny like losing signal. Like someone is messing around with an old aerial. Nothing comes up on screen saying there’s a problem. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a picture/video of the problem?

Hi SainshaneD, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your TV service. 

Taking a look at things from this end, I can see there are a few tuners on the box showing that the levels are too low. There are also a lot of errors being stored. 

We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs