cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2512

karlc_kcmusic
Tuning in

I'm looking to get an update on this. Error CS2512. I was told when I called it was a network issue and it would be sorted out by the team remotely, also compensated for the time. 

Screenshot_20220618-212843_Gallery.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @karlc_kcmusic 

Try to play another channel and check if the problem also exists  on the other channel. If the problem only occurs when playing one channel, try playing the channel again later.

If the problem persists on the other channels then check that all the cables are correctly connected to the modem hub. 

Restart the 360TV Box by carefully unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in after 30 seconds. Then wait until the box has completely rebooted and then check if the problem has been solved.

It is also possible that the error has been caused by a temporary service interruption.  Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave 

Thanks for your reply

I did all the checks before I called up the Virgin Media call centre days ago, they know of the issue and it's been noted on my account and they are apparently dealing with it. However I haven't heard anything from them and just wanted an update in to what's going on, rather than waiting on the phone I thought I'd post here and wait for VM to message and let me know what's happening 

roy247
Community elder

Hi karlc_kcmusic,

As it appears from your picture the problem is from your continue watching list if it's not a recording on your box is the problem with something that isn't now available on catchup, also as it is a "network issue" have you been advised to reboot your hub.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@karlc_kcmusic wrote:

I did all the checks before I called up the Virgin Media call centre days ago, they know of the issue and it's been noted on my account and they are apparently dealing with it. However I haven't heard anything from them and just wanted an update in to what's going on

I would take the "apparently" in this comment very loosely, and suspect that "haven't heard anything" is the more telling comment.

I use a V6 rather than TV360 so can't help with the software-specific side, but I would take a methodical approach here and question which types of content are affected, between recordings & OnDemand. And if recordings, is live viewing of the same channel, OK?

Each source of content is fed differently, and therefore suggests different fixes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks