cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new 360 box doesn’t work

Neil001
Tuning in

An engineer installed a new connection this afternoon with a new 360 box. It worked for less than one hour, then simply stopped working.  Since then, it’s been stuck with the amber light (I.e., no or low connectivity).  I’ve tried rebooting several times without success. Looking at the previous posts, this seems to be a very common issue with no solution. What can I do about it please?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All VM TV boxes need 2 connections:

1: Physical co-ax connection carrying your live TV signals. Can you view live TV channels?

2: An internet connection for OnDemand, streaming & updates. This can either be Ethernet cable or wireless, to your homehub - and if you have an Ethernet connected to your 360, it will disable WiFi. How is yours connected?

You can view your current connection status under Settings > Network > Diagnostic.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for responding. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, there’s a co-ax into the box. I can watch live tv via the arial, but not via the box. The box is unresponsive - it’s basically just a brick now.

2. There’s no ethernet cable to the box, so I assume it’s wifi. Not sure how I can view connection status given that the box won’t turn on. 

Any help greatly appreciated!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's showing on your TV screen? Is the 360 stuck in a reboot loop? You might need to make sure the 360's HDMI input is selected on your TV.

You may well end up calling into faults to report this one. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. The TV screen alternates between the welcome screen and a message telling me there’s no signal from the box HDMI1.  Basically the box is stuck on standby/ not connected. I’m on hold to Virgin now, so I guess we’ll see what they say.

Thanks for your help (and cheers to the blue black and white)

H Neil001

Sorry to hear this has happened 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 

And it will need a Technician to attend and fix 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth. An engineer came out yesterday and replaced the box.