cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batman advert takes over home button

ufmastodon
Tuning in

When I press the home button now I get an advert for the Batman covering the top half of the screen. 

There is no way to dismiss it while the home menu is up on screen. Is this a thing now will you always have an advert covering that part of the screen at all times or is this a mistake?

This is an unwanted change and doesn’t look good. I already think the advert for your bafta thing that you have to skip everytime you turn on the box is annoying. This is gross. If half the screen becomes an advert whenever the home button is pressed you’ve gone too far. Your competitors don’t do this. 

If this is a trial can you consider this message as a response in the negative. 

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ufmastodon 

The advert is always there and cannot be over ridden.

It's been fed back to VM in the past (October and November last year) however no changes have been made.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

PhilipF
Superfast

Somewhere along the line when you have the 360 service you agree to targeted and non targeted ads which you you can agree to one or the other in the settings section.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PhilipF 

Whether you agree to tailored or non tailored ads they will still show on the Home screen.

Settings > System > Tailored ads >  turn On or Off

adsads

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Oh damn that sucks. Once this contract is done I’ll leave it. I’ve got an Apple TV and they don’t advertise to you in the ui so I’ll go to that. 

Can’t be worth annoying your customers for an advert. 

The box cpu can barely handle the load as it is it gets screen tearing at least once an hour. Oh well, you live and learn. 

When I get an add it only sticks around once or twice, If I select tailored  its likely that confused with the watching habits as it gives up.

Hi Ufmastodon, thank you for getting in touch and taking the time to bring this feedback to us. We have fed this back internally. If you would like to raise a formal complaint of this you can do so here. 
Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused by the Ad. 

If you have any other issues with your service that we can help with please do let us know! I know you did mention some issues with your picture / screen tearing - would you be able to provide an image of this when the fault is happening? This will help us best diagnose and resolve the issue for you. 

All the best. 

Molly

I mean sure. I’ll grab some pics. It’s screen tearing. Starts at the bottom and works it’s way up to the top of the screen takes about twenty seconds each time. Happens once an hour. I will see if it occurs more frequently when recording in the background or not. It also occurs when in app or watching normal tv. 

It’s not a problem with match frame rate it’s either a software fault or a problem with the hardware. I’ve seen it described here a few times as judder instead of screen tearing. I’ll get you some pictures when I’m home. 

Hi ufmastodon, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Once we have the pictures we'll be able to look in to this further for you so be sure yo upload them as soon as you can. 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs