cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All recordings lost !

fergiet
Superfast

Hi

Been using the tv360 for some time now and it's generally been ok. A few error messages from time to time but it has worked.

Last night I wanted to watch a recording but just got a spinning circle and it said recording will play shortly. well it did not play and all recordings and planned recordings are gone.

Does this mean a faulty drive?

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @fergiet,

Thanks for getting back to us, if you have sent this back it will be on its way, it can take around a week to fully process back to us, once we have it you will no longer get these reminders.

Thanks. Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it does it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @fergiet,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you've lost access to your recordings. 

Can you confirm if you have tried any of the suggestions by Roy?

Let us know if you require any further support. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Yes, auto delete was off already, rebooted etc.

Do I need a replacement box?

Tom

Just come home 20.45 today and all recordings gone again.

Not happy.

Tom

Hey fergiet,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I have looked into this and cannot see any issues that would be causing this issues right now.

How are things looking at the moment, have your recordings retuned?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

No nothing back. Replacement tv360 being sent to me.

Sadly the customer service on the phone was awful.  

Tom

Hi @fergiet thanks for your reply, although we're sorry your recordings were never found - we can appreciate this is frustrating.

Despite this, a new box should mean that this doesn't happen going forward for you.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Well I hope so 🤞

Got a reminder to return old tv360 box, sent it back days ago.

Tom