cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All recordings have disappeared.

RoyBurridge
On our wavelength

Good morning,

I turned on the Virgin TV box last night and all my recordings have disappeared.

The box is currently on version 4.39.

Can any tell me why this would happen and how to get them back?

Many thanks

Roy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi Roy,

Sounds like your box is going to need replacing at some point, you could try doing a factory reset and if you have no recordings select the option to format the hard drive, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

There is also no way to get your recordings back if they have been deleted.

If / when it does it again you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or come back here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Roy.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

roy247
Community elder

Hi Roy,

Sounds like your box is going to need replacing at some point, you could try doing a factory reset and if you have no recordings select the option to format the hard drive, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

There is also no way to get your recordings back if they have been deleted.

If / when it does it again you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or come back here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Roy.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Roy,

How are things looking now? Did you try @roy247's  suggestion regarding a factory reset?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply, I did try a factory reset but no difference unfortunately, still lost my recordings.

Regards Roy

Thanks for your reply Dave,

I did try a factory reset but no difference unfortunately, still lost my recordings. Gutted.

Regards Roy

Hi RoyBurridge

Sorry about that - how's the TV box been since the reset?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

Thanks for your reply but i couldn't get any of my recording back. Absolutely gutted as there was some special recording on there.

I haven't had a response from Virgin so not holding my breath.

Thanks

Roy 

Hi RoyBurridge,

Thank you for reaching back out, a factory reset would lose everything as this reverts the box back to what it was when received, sorry if this wasn't advised.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for the message Paul but still doesn't answer why they have disappeared or how VM can help.

I have received no helpful response from VM whatsoever.

Thanks

Roy

You'll find that no Pay TV provider or content owner makes any statement on the permanence of recordings and you must regard recordings on all TV boxes, whether from VM, Sky, BT TV, etc, to be temporary. 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection