Menu
Hutc3924
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Adding a 3rd Box to my account

Many years ago we had 4 Virgin Media V6 boxes. One in the living room one on the 3rd-floor bedroom and one in each bedroom on the 2nd floor. 

All the cabling was installed by Virgin Media and is still live and working fine.

About 5 years ago we dropped down to 2 boxes one in the living room and one in the 3rd-floor bedroom. The TV cabling remains in the 2 other bedrooms and is still live and working fine. 

We have just upgraded our package to Virgin Media's 360 service which is working well, however, I now wish to add the 3rd box to our account back in one of the 2nd-floor bedrooms. I have tested the box in the living room in the bedroom using the cabling and it works great. 

Now for the issue.....

I have spoken to sales..... They are stating they can not add the 3rd box to my account because they must send an engineer out to install the 3rd box... but due to current restrictions they are unable to book an engineer and therefore can't add the 3rd box to the account 

Now I have tried explaining to them that I do not need an engineer as all the cabling is already there and installed by them and all I need is a Self Install 360 box or 360 mini box sending out to me for me to plug in and then for me to call them to send an activation signal to the box.. 

You would think this is not a big deal and could be done. but no... i end up being stuck in an endless circle of scripted reply that they need to send an engineer... 

I have tried asking to speak to a manager and the agents refuse to transfer me claiming that this is not an option. 

i have tried explaining in several different ways why an engineer is not needed and they are adamant that an engineer is the only option...

I am hoping someone with common sense can see this and realise that the sale team are misinformed on this matter and that due to the fact I have all the cabling in place installed by an official Virgin Media engineer is in working order and connects to the virgin media network already that an engineer is not needed, would be a complete waste in time and money in sending out an engineer (Which cant be done at this time due to restrictions) and all that needs doing is a 3rd box adding to my account and a Self install pack sent out for me to plug in and an activation signal sending to the box once installed. 

Please Help 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Hutc3924
Tuning in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding a 3rd Box to my account

After reading some forum posts an even easier solution would be to add a 3rd box to my account send me a 360 remote in the post and upgrade the software on one of the V6 boxes I have  (I was sent 2 brand new 360 boxes when I upgraded so still have 2 V6 boxes sitting here )

Please can someone make this possible as sales are refusing to do so.

0 Kudos
55Swin
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello. I'm with you on this!!! Am getting the same information from sales, As have just signed up to 360 and taking over property that is ending their contract that has 3  X V6 boxes installed .  When I've tried to add to my order I've been told twice that it can't be done as it needs an Engineer  visit , but can't give me a reason why , even though I explain ( just like yourself )I just need it sent in the post and I'll plug it in . Looking at the quick install guide for 360 mini, just looks like same connections as V6. Come on Virgin , someone pull their finger out and come on here and give us an Answer !!!!!!!!

Hutc3924
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

For something so simple it's like talking to a brick wall. I know from a technical support side it's as simple as sending ether a 3rd box or a upgrade remote. Then doing a self install. But sales is like speaking to a brick wall. They follow a script because they have no idea what they are talking about then refuse to answer questions when you ask them a logical question. They blame everything on covid and claim they can not do anything  ... 

I've tried a couple of times this month and thought I got somewhere when technical support agreed that was all I needed however they said only sales could add a new box to the account..... And we all know what happend from there ... It's frustrating and disappointing. 

0 Kudos
55Swin
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Whats most frustrating for me is that it is one of the reasons I agreed to the deal. All the online spiel is "you can add another box as soon as the Ultimate Oomph order  is placed and you receive your customer number " . Nowhere does it say " Not at the moment" Poor. Really thinking of cancelling the order and going to Sky Q, have already spoken to them about an offer. Actually worried about how Virgin customer service would be going forward , if I needed them :(!!!!

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @55Swin

Thank you so much for taking the time to post in our forums and I'm so sorry you are having these issues. 

Can I just clarify when you say you are taking over a property, do you mean the Virgin contract with the 3 V6 boxes on is being taken over by yourself? Or do you mean you are moving into a property that currently has a contract with us that they will be ending and you will be taking up a new contract? I'd love to help on this if I can!

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hutc3924
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Wow... That's just splended..... I create a post which didn't get answered for weeks.... Someone comments on my post and you answer them!!!! 

It would be greatly appreciated if someone read my post and answered ....

Thank you... 

0 Kudos
55Swin
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash. Yes to clarify ,I am starting a new contract at the start of April for 360  Ultimate Oomph package ( Cleared for me to do a Quick start install ) at this property where there is a V6 Ultimate oomph package contract terminating   that has 3 rooms with  3 boxes ,you installed. All I want to do is when they're gone, put 1 x 360 and 2 x 360 mini boxes in their place. 

0 Kudos
55Swin
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

And I'm really sorry Hutc3924 , didn't mean to jump the queue for a response!!!!

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Hutc3924

I'm so sorry your post was missed and thank you so much for posting to our forums. 

I'm so sorry but the box you would be able to add on would be one of our 360 mini's as you can currently have 1 main 360 box and 2 mini's. The installation for this would require engineer. I'm so sorry for the frustration caused. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos