Menu
jimboy56
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: A Positive TV 360 Post

...and then down & ok to get them in a list.

0 Kudos
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I agree with the picture quality, much sharper but I put that down to humax as they always have excellent tuners and video outputs. 

There is a strong emphasis on voice control here though. 

As others have stated, recording needs tweaking and series link+ added. 

Global search needs to also pull all data from all apps too. 

With the apps, we are missing some for sure but I'm sure these will be added in future. 

What I would love to see but I doubt it will come is the green button to book recordings as you see on sky q / freeview. 

Can anyone tell if the guide is now live updated to reflect overruns or is it as it was? 

0 Kudos
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@jimboy56 wrote:

...and then down & ok to get them in a list.

This is the meat of it. There is no way to go directly to that list, which would replicate the 'My Shows' button behaviour. Even if you use voice it's still more button presses. I would have preferred 'my recordings' or 'my shows' to go directly to the screen that lists all the recordings.

0 Kudos
jimboy56
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

agree. As there is no 'My shows' button, what are the options, either using Home or one of the colour buttons?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Is a 'hard reset' possible on the 360 boxes? - just from my OCD perspective... the factory reset option currently only 'tidies' the box and retains settings.

0 Kudos
thrice
Up to speed
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If I want the 360 software to do something I just ask it. At first, I thought the voice-recognition was a gimmick but it's often the easiest and best way to navigate around. I'm now a convert. If I want to access my recordings I simply say 'recordings' and it displays them right away. The same goes for 'subtitles on' and 'subtitles off' and if I want to fast-forward past the commercials in a recording I say 'skip forward four minutes' and there I am in an instant. Another nice touch when viewing a series is a Netflix-style box appears to view the next episode straight away at the press of a single (OK) button.

tafrock
Up to speed
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Oh come on guys. Say recordings or my recordings. That's one button press to use the microphone. Press down. See all is highlighted. Press that and your there. It's not that hard is it. My car has an electronic handbrake. So I don't need to release or apply it. My wife's doesn't. I don't moan if I drive her car and have to complete the additional step of applying or releasing the handbrake 

lennyv
Up to speed
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

We're not talking about it like it's literally the worst thing ever. If it's not a problem for you, that's fine.
jimboy56
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No, you’re right, would be good to have a remote button; the voice recognition is very good, for me it takes a while to remember to use it.