Menu
kirk1690
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

360 engineer

I was upgraded to U ooomph yesterday with one gig speed ,virgin are sending new hub SIM remotes but I need to book an engineer visit ,system was bad during call and guy couldn't get it booked so he's put notes on my account for when I next call .Why do I need an engineer ,thought it was an over air software system update .

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 engineer

Hi kirk1690,

If you are upgrading your hub at the same time as upgrading to 360 then you need an engineer visit.

They are usually also needed if upgrading the old TIVO box.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
kirk1690
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh right but I have three V6 boxes ,it's no problem the visit just wondered .Guy says you're on a self install for now on system when hub arrives you call again  .will I just leave hub in box til engineer arrives ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi  again kirk1690,

I've just been searching the forums for a definitive answer, and it looks like you won't need an engineer.

The info below is from a member of the Frum Staff   Virgin-TV-360/TV360-Upgrade/ 

Good morning all, 

There seems to have been a bit of confusion here and I hope I will be able to clear this up for you. 

• Upgrading the V6 to the 360,  you will receive a remote though the post and this will then be used to prosses the upgrade. 
  • If you are upgrading your v6 to the 360 software all of your box's will need to be upgraded.
  • TiVo box's will need to be replaced by a 360 mini box.  
  • The mini box's can be self installed, the only exception to this is if you were upgrading your hub at the same time. 

Hope this helps, any more questions feel free to send them over. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules