cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box stops playback if on BBC 4 at 7:00 pm startup

Lancasters
On our wavelength

If I have BBC Four as the last TV channel viewed and watch catch-up or All4 or watchlist items, at shortly before 7:00 pm The 360 box stops playback, sound from BBC4 is heard and playback controls do not work. The catch-up app effectively quits and needs restart. The position in the item that was being played is lost. If I remember to never leave my box on BBC4 it won't happen! Has anyone else had this or can give another workaround please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi 

I guess you could switch to BBC Three before you switch off to see if it's something to do with those channels only coming live again at 7pm..

I can't imagine just leaving the TV on BBC Four all day and then only watching catch-up, personally I would like some live TV but everyone is different.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the same thing happen with BBC3?

BBC3 & BBC4 share with CBeebies/CBBC, and 7pm is changeover time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi 

I guess you could switch to BBC Three before you switch off to see if it's something to do with those channels only coming live again at 7pm..

I can't imagine just leaving the TV on BBC Four all day and then only watching catch-up, personally I would like some live TV but everyone is different.

Lancasters
On our wavelength

I'll try BBC3 tomorrow for the next installment. I do watch other Channels! It's an interesting bug though...

@roy247 wrote:

Hi 

My V6 box stays on the same channel for weeks, in fact the only time I change the channel myself is when the current tuner has ended up set to the Sky F1 channel (due to me watching a recording of the race while the recording was still ongoing) and I move it up a channel so I don't end up getting race results spoiled when I turn on the TV (this also means I know a lot more about American Football as this is the next channel up).

Haven't watched watch live TV since I got my TiVo in 2000! 

roy247
Community elder

@Tavis75 wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

Hi 

My V6 box stays on the same channel for weeks, in fact the only time I change the channel myself is when the current tuner has ended up set to the Sky F1 channel (due to me watching a recording of the race while the recording was still ongoing) and I move it up a channel so I don't end up getting race results spoiled when I turn on the TV (this also means I know a lot more about American Football as this is the next channel up).

Haven't watched watch live TV since I got my TiVo in 2000! 

I did say everyone is different. I am married and the OH is allowed to use the remote and watch TV as well, if it stays on one channel for more than an hour that is rare unless she's watching the cricket.

Darklightjulez
Joining in

Having the same issue with cbeebies. Have to restart the box to get anything to work 

So it is a bug in the 360 system then, not just us!  We just have to remember to change channel from bbc3 bbc4 and cbeebies or any other non constant channel if they're the last thing watched.

Hi @Lancasters 

This isn't something we've heard of. Have you tried a reset on the box to see if it fixes it? 

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi yes resetting it works but then it happens again and again with resitting the box being the only solution